Rookie Ovechkin :wow:

c08a888eda2800e542dd449827e2fa3c.gif
Slickest goal ever scored :banderas:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Every time the playoffs come around I wanna try to get into it, because I hear so much about playoff hockey, and last time I got put onto a sport I don’t think I fw was futbol a solid decade ago. I still fw it to this day. As much as I hear about hockey, I know there has to be something to it other than fades.

I really just gotta learn the exact basic rules of the game like icing, their version of offsides, etc. Soccer I learned by playing. I’m not playing hockey :heh:

How does this stack up to Greyzky’s assist+goals thing? I heard so much growing up about him truly being the furthest ahead of his competition when it comes to North American sports GOATs

Rules aren’t too dissimilar from soccer with the offsides and power play (sort of like a red card in soccer). The pace of hockey is fukkin amazing and that’s what drew me in when I was a kid (plus NHL 94 :wow:)

Scoring is up from years past, so you won’t be sitting through a lot of low scoring games. The fights are dope of course but the checking & puck handling skills are far more entertaining to me.

Overtime playoff hockey is the goat spectacle though..sudden death rules and shyt can happen at any moment. This was sort of anti climatic, but it’s probably my top NHL moment of all time

Game 6 at home, and it’s in overtime..you thinking your team about to win and send it to game 7..Patrick Kane scores a goal that only him and 1 teammate knew went in, while your team and fans around you are confused as to what just happened :banderas:

Also it’s a Canadian sport, but no team in Canada has won a title since 93 :mjlol:
Always good to hear them cry it’s a conspiracy every year when one of their teams don’t win a title

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rules aren’t too dissimilar from soccer with the offsides and power play (sort of like a red card in soccer). The pace of hockey is fukkin amazing and that’s what drew me in when I was a kid (plus NHL 94 :wow:)

Scoring is up from years past, so you won’t be sitting through a lot of low scoring games. The fights are dope of course but the checking & puck handling skills are far more entertaining to me.

Overtime playoff hockey is the goat spectacle though..sudden death rules and shyt can happen at any moment. This was sort of anti climatic, but it’s probably my top NHL moment of all time

Game 6 at home, and it’s in overtime..you thinking your team about to win and send it to game 7..Patrick Kane scores a goal that only him and 1 teammate knew went in, while your team and fans around you are confused as to what just happened :banderas:

Also it’s a Canadian sport, but no team in Canada has won a title since 93 :mjlol:
Always good to hear them cry it’s a conspiracy every year when one of their teams don’t win a title

That’s dope af, a home crowd catching the surprise ether is always dope to see as long as my team ain’t on the wrong end :wow:. The pace is what I hear about the most. Imma look out for it next playoffs. Do they have a tense end of regular season tryna make the playoffs? How likely is a top seed to get through the playoffs/win the cup?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Every time the playoffs come around I wanna try to get into it, because I hear so much about playoff hockey, and last time I got put onto a sport I don’t think I fw was futbol a solid decade ago. I still fw it to this day. As much as I hear about hockey, I know there has to be something to it other than fades.

I really just gotta learn the exact basic rules of the game like icing, their version of offsides, etc. Soccer I learned by playing. I’m not playing hockey :heh:

How does this stack up to Greyzky’s assist+goals thing? I heard so much growing up about him truly being the furthest ahead of his competition when it comes to North American sports GOATs

Gretzky would be like if Brady had ten rings, six MVP's, and nearly every record.

Imagine a player that was Barry Sanders and Mahomes into one. That was Gretzky.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gretzky would be like if Brady had ten rings, six MVP's, and nearly every record.

Imagine a player that was Barry Sanders and Mahomes into one. That was Gretzky.
The Great One :to:

Idk why but I randomly came across the Kings trade and watched this a few months ago

He seemed like he didn’t wanna leave but he knew he had to :wow:

Daps
No. They’ve basically been neck and neck their whole careers. Ovi was drafted the year before but due to lockout didn’t play and Sid the next year, so they played in the same season first season together.

Points wise:
Crosby - 1447 points (534 goals/913 assists)
Ovechkin - 1444 points (800 goals/644 assists)

Ovi played about 160 more games (about two full seasons length) as Crosby had some concussion injuries he dealt with for a few seasons. Sid has 3 cups and Ovi has 1.

Crosby is a more well rounded player and if I personally had to choose between the two I’d take Crosby. I think he’s pretty much solidified himself as a top 5 player of all time while Ovi is easily top 10. What makes Sid so good is that he’s basically a 4th line Center that is EXTREMELY skilled. He can score, pass, has incredible vision and can play a two way defensive game. He gets into all the dirty and chippy areas of the ice and is always a threat to score or set up a goal.

Ovi is more like a truck. Hell truck the shyt of you and then score a one timer before you get up off the ice. You not going wrong with either one - both lived up to the hype and surpassed it on some Lebron shyt and they’re both doing what Bron doing now - putting up ridiculous numbers and playing at an extremely high level as top premier players in the league almost 20 years later.
Almost reminds me of Messi (Crosby) vs Ronaldo (Ovi)...not exactly...but sorta.