Alert: Don't See "The Grandmaster"

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If you want to be disappointed...If you've been having trouble sleeping, then go see it...

Please do not waste your money.

A few good scenes, the rest is all talking, weak slow motion action, camera angels too close too see what happened.

Barely better than Man with the Iron Fist...

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah....I kinda figured this would be the result once I heard the rap during the trailer. Just wasn't feeling it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Had that on my external, I'm gonna make sure I delete it now.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
If you want to be disappointed...If you've been having trouble sleeping, then go see it...

A few good scenes, the rest is all talking, weak slow motion action, camera angels too close too see what happened.

funny you say that... I saw this today in Manhattan.... I heard several people snoring in the theatre.... I must say it was very dull.... it also has that atmospheric style that makes you wanna take a nap.... yeah I wish I saw the Butler instead

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I better stick to watching Enter the Dragon, because Bruce Lee died of being too awesome. Dude was fukking uber-unnatural that it wasn't even funny.

Even better, he in Bolo Yeung were best dudes.

tumblr_m9kdgsKA7r1qm4heyo1_500.gif

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Eh, I disagree. You can't compare this to the other films mentioned in this thread, because it wasn't made as part of the same genre as those. If you're looking for an action-packed martial arts movie, there are other versions on this story that do that. This is mainly a historical drama about the real figure and his life- just like he didn't spend most of his time in spectacular fights, the movie doesn't spend all its time on them. If you have a deeper interest in the martial arts or its history, or you just like artistic drama films in the style of the director's other acclaimed work, then this works well.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Eh, I disagree. You can't compare this to the other films mentioned in this thread, because it wasn't made as part of the same genre as those. If you're looking for an action-packed martial arts movie, there are other versions on this story that do that. This is mainly a historical drama about the real figure and his life- just like he didn't spend most of his time in spectacular fights, the movie doesn't spend all its time on them. If you have a deeper interest in the martial arts or its history, or you just like artistic drama films in the style of the director's other acclaimed work, then this works well.

Couldn't say it better. Wong Kar Wai is an arthouse director, he made an arthouse martial arts film. If you got tricked into seeing it because of trailers, clips or an impeccable interest for all things Ip Man, it's really your own mistake because one look at the director's career would tell you what you need to know.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Wong Kar Wai >

fukk you.

I'm seeing this to spite this thread

:blessed:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

couldnt have said it any better....i didnt even finish the shyt, had like 30 minutes left and i just cut that shyt off :aicmon:

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah....I kinda figured this would be the result once I heard the rap during the trailer. Just wasn't feeling it.

What's even more funny is there is no rap in the entire movie...
It's all opera sounding shyt ...really soothing to sleep to..

And fukk...I wish I would've looked up directors...I saw a story about Ip Man and was ready to go....Now I know..

I got tricked big time.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

I haven't seen this new edited package for the american audiences so can't speak on that./.but the original edit is a polished Film with great textual info and carefully orchestrated scenes..

man with iron fist is a fukkin joke of a film..that shyt has been erased from my mind.