Al Snow On Why Tony Khan Holds Media Scrums

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's embarrassing. Some of these goofy "performers" going in and out of kayfabe like they're on Inside The Actors Studio. "Journalists" get to play along like they are at Adult Wrestling Dream Camp and be a part of the show. All the while Snowman sits there proudly like he's the manager of the 1920s Yankees. It's high nausea at best.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Cornette brought up a good point when he reviewed the MJF portion of the “media” scrum that these scrums are done solely for the enjoyment of Tony Khan. There’s no legitimate journalists there, just a bunch of mark podcasters. What media are they talking about? It’s not shown on television. There’s nothing noteworthy that comes out of them. There’s nothing to be sold anymore, the ppv has already been bought. They’re pointless.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
What's the difference between the AEW media scrums and the WWE press conferences they hold after premium live events :jbhmm:

I don't really watch either, so I'm genuinely asking :hubie:

Not a damn thing. Haitch was there during the press conference before Night Of Champions but that's different. I mean, it ain't like TK is yelling and being a hypeman over his own product as the commentator for multiple shows brainwashing you to like or hate someone:wow:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The differences off the top of my head, WWE has a network so part of the reason they do it is for content and to boost subscriptions. They also have legit news outlets there that get them coverage at bleacher report, Forbes and sports illustrated, places like that and the wrestlers remain in kayfabe instead of exposing the business and themselves. Do you think Roman or anybody else on the roster would have pulled what CM Punk did at all out?

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
i dont even care
the AEW press conferences are more entertaining then most of their TV sometimes :dead:

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
rhea and roman at the WM conference didnt even remain in kayfabe all the way :dead:

Roman literally referenced the Punk shyt :mjlol:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I like some parts of the press conferences. Especially if someone isn't doing it in kayfabe. Which I get how some can find it annoying or stupid but I don't base what I like based on what everyone else likes. MJF's rants are kind of funny though.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
mlIbMmu.gif

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AEW wasn't truly created to make money. And you should be happy, because no 2nd national wrestling promotion with this level of production and budget will be in the near future. Why would anyone truly just concerned with flipping a couple hundred million into a few billion think Professional Wrestling in 2023 is the way to do so? Tony is a rich kid who wants to have his own wrestling promotion, it is what it is. I don't think it's very good this year, but I'm glad it's around.