AJ Styles To Wrestle For NOAH, & Did NJPW Just SPOIL Forbidden Door?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Regarding the njpw stuff. Gonna assume it's what I'm thinking without watching. I thought of that but can't fully say they did since it has happened in the past. Odds are they will go thru as anticipated but wouldn't be surprised if not.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Regarding the njpw stuff. Gonna assume it's what I'm thinking without watching. I thought of that but can't fully say they did since it has happened in the past. Odds are they will go thru as anticipated but wouldn't be surprised if not.
Nice usage of coded language to keep the spoiler a secret.
:myman:
I don’t know anyone that thought Moxley would actually be winning at Forbidden Door.
...but Cattle just said, FUKK IT I'M TELLING EVERYBODY!
:deadrose:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Honestly the bigger spoiler from the G1 reveal was Shingo and Takeshyta being in it. That spoils that Shingo sure as hell isn’t going to win the Owen, and we only know of three or four participants in it thus far. And if Takeshyta ends up being in the Owen, obviously now he’s not going to win it either.

No way in hell is AEW going to book someone to win the Owen to get an AEW title shot at All In, leave for Japan a week later to do the G1 for a month, then have All In like a week or two after the G1 concludes.

I doubt anyone expected Shingo to win the Owen, but Takeshyta could have been a realistic winner.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Nice usage of coded language to keep the spoiler a secret.
:myman:

...but Cattle just said, FUKK IT I'M TELLING EVERYBODY!
:deadrose:

I posted that Takeshyta was in it in the AEW thread but then when I saw the rest of the field I knew something might've been up. They had done it a few times before with no champ so that wouldn't have been out of the question. It being an outsider and highly unlikely that Mox would be there an entire month, made me think he was dropping the belt but I didn't want to assume anything in case otherwise.

I don't know who other than Naito would be a heavier favorite even if he didn't have the title. Doubt it be a foreigner, tho wouldn't mind seeing ZSJ get a shot. Maybe Yota. Guys like Shingo, Evil, Sanada, Goto also unlikely to win as well. Hopefully we see some great matches thru out tho and they can show off a great G1.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Also, this could very well mean Takeshyta is not winning the TNT Ladder match. Doubt TK will want the TNT champ gone for a month to work in Japan.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know this isn't anything Gedo's considering because it makes too much sense, but it'd actually be nice to have Moxley keep the belt at Forbidden Door, run the nonstandard G1 without the champion in it, and then have one of the young stars win it. Then, you get to run the story of them stepping up to bring the belt back home when the old guard couldn't. Maybe sprinkle in a couple of older stars make the trip to the US for a couple of defenses to build it up. But nah, Naito's probably winning that shyt back and dropping it again sometime before they even get to Wrestle Kingdom. :dead:

Also, this could very well mean Takeshyta is not winning the TNT Ladder match. Doubt TK will want the TNT champ gone for a month to work in Japan.

With the sheer volume of titles they have in rotation, I honestly think they'd be fine. Not having the TNT title around for a month takes nothing away from being able to sprinkle in Continental and International title matches instead. They just need to make sure Gedo doesn't hit him with the G1 Jobber, or failed comeback storylines.