The pandemic helped PlayStation as a brand

• Yes, it helped more than it hurt

• No, it hurt more than it helped

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The pandemic was the best thing that could happen to PlayStation as a brand.

:jbhmm:

Now everyone hear me out before tightening up your stan weaponry.:whoa:

The PlayStation 5 was coming in off a epic 3 year run of great exclusives from the PS4, 2 or 3 exclusives a year sometimes, new IP's and having 1st dibs at most of the worlds games when it comes to exclusive 3rd party games.

Before the Pandemic hit, everyone was on some "I'll get the next Gen systems when I get them" the games on both really weren't system sellers outside of demon souls. Which still is one of the best looking PS5 games in 2023. But this was before the big boom of souls like games.

A few weeks passed after it released and folks started to kinda worry about the talk of shortages being more than a marketing ploy.

Around week or so before Christmas and people was :lupe: but figured by turn of the year consoles would be back in stock and plentiful.

From 2021 until around Nov 2022, the PS5 had slowly become a status symbol not for just gamers but everyone. The "cool kids" with money had one and everyone else didn't.

That hype hasn't died, and is still carrying the system strong into 2024.

The switch had the same kinda thing happen with it for a year or so, everyone wanted one, scalpers buying up extra. And here we are in 2023 with the switch having one of its strongest years game wise.

Agree? Disagree?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Bruh leave these Stan Wars and come to the FGC threads where you’re actually competent. Leave Meach to Cry For Moon in stannery there’s nothing for you here.

alice-crying.gif

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The entire video game industry was making record profits during the pandemic :skip:
This, and I also felt hurt most companies in the long run. Many thought the pandemic spending on entertainment and hours spent on subscriptions was where consumer entertainment time was going. Most companies started pivoting towards that and increased workload, which has now led to layoffs and games not meeting metrics that they set out based on pandemic consumption.