Agree or Disagree: Ric Flair Is the Most Overated Guy In Wrestling

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bret is one of my absolute favorite but he is the guy that pretty much invent the" five moves of doom " sequences :comeon:

• Bret Hart is one of the most well-known examples: his sequence, the original Five Moves of Doom, is the inverted atomic drop, Russian legsweep, backbreaker, elbowdrop from the second rope, and Sharpshooter.
    • The inverted atomic drop was often substituted for a vertical suplex or a running bulldog. As it was rare for Bret to actually go straight to a successful Sharpshooter, this led to the chain still being five moves long.
    • Bret even has sequences for other specific spots in a match, such as rapid pinfall attempts (sunset flip, roll up, crucifix, small package, schoolboy) or simply working the leg (hamstring pull, elbow drop, knee drop, seated senton, figure four leglock)

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perhaps overrated in the ring. Still good, just not god tier like he's made out to be.

Personality and mic skills though, he is definitely top tier in his prime. You definitely believed he was that guy, and his promos were very natural and not so catch phrase heavy.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Nah let’s not get crazy. Flair has had some :mjpls: moments and pissing on his legacy with these fake retirements but he’s still an iconic wrestler.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
He's not but I understand why he could be considered overrated. And to be honest, he's such a shytty human being that talking about Ric ain't even fun anymore :dead:

Flair was considered the de-facto GOAT wrestler by hardcore fans for practically 2+ decades and even for more casuals or WWF/E centric fans he was always in the discussions for best ever. That's a status that's practically impossible live up to when you don't have nostalgia going for you. What I mean by this is that Flair's prime was so long ago that people that would go to war to defend and stan for him are no longer online (shyt, a lot of them probably never were) to drive those discussions. You then add the fact that Flair's prime wasn't lived/seen weekly by the vast majority of the current wrestling fanbase (and they probably base what they know of Flair by his promos, and 90's-00s work) and it's pretty easy to poke holes to a wrestler like Flair, specially when the case against him isn't that he was wasn't good, it's that he was "the best". So by that metric it ain't that hard to make an "overrated" argument.

To me though, I've seen dude be ridiculously entertaning in so many different time frames and settings and against such a mindblowing number of different wrestlers that I have no issue with him being a GOAT tier performer :yeshrug:

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
He's not but I understand why he could be considered overrated. And to be honest, he's such a shytty human being that talking about Ric ain't even fun anymore :dead:

Flair was considered the de-facto GOAT wrestler by hardcore fans for practically 2+ decades and even for more casuals or WWF/E centric fans he was always in the discussions for best ever. That's a status that's practically impossible live up to when you don't have nostalgia going for you. What I mean by this is that Flair's prime was so long ago that people that would go to war to defend and stan for him are no longer online (shyt, a lot of them probably never were) to drive those discussions. You then add the fact that Flair's prime wasn't lived/seen weekly by the vast majority of the current wrestling fanbase (and they probably base what they know of Flair by his promos, and 90's-00s work) and it's pretty easy to poke holes to a wrestler like Flair, specially when the case against him isn't that he was wasn't good, it's that he was "the best". So by that metric it ain't that hard to make an "overrated" argument.

To me though, I've seen dude be ridiculously entertaning in so many different time frames and settings and against such a mindblowing number of different wrestlers that I have no issue with him being a GOAT tier performer :yeshrug:
The last part fasho.

I’m a youngin and I come up off them vhs tapes from my ogs… and the dvds about their golden days.

Rick a fool :russ: He was one back then and still manages to be one now. That’sGOAT level sht to me personally. You can say overrated in ring but as a whole? Helllll noooo