After not watching TV for almost 6 years, I've never felt so out of the loop. (fukk this thread))

Daps
Reppin
VOID
And I couldn't be happier. TV is such a goddamn waste of time an energy

I think of all the sows I've never seen that I've only heard of from sites like this one

Mad Men *(never watched a full episode...more than likely never will)
Breaking Bad (thanks to Netflix I'm actually realizing how dope this show is)
Boardwalk Empire
Game Of Thrones
How I met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Weeds (never watched more than one episode of this show)
Sons Of Anarchy

I've also have missed out on way too many movies to even name.

Why? I don't care. I can't relate to this stuff. There's no characters that I can relate to in these shows, and frankly this reminds me of why I'm sick an tired of American media culture...I'm not wasting my time staring at a flat screen Tv when I can actually learn things about the world and society at large by interacting with the people in it and learning how I can make myself more successful, richer, etc.

I don't f*ck with sports either.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

Nah, it ain't ducktales.

I personally haven't owned a television since June of 2008...when I threw my last on out in the trash.

I learned way too much about television during my media communications studies classes that made me never want to watch that shyt again. It turned me off to it completely

Even when my roommate comes and puts on "It's Always Sunny On Philadelphia" when she's cooking her vegan whatever...I just end up leaving and going up to my room. I find that show to be disgusting and such a turn off. That's me though.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I agree. Its been around 3 years since I had cable. I just been using Netflix and hulu but I have never seen game of thrones or boardwalk empire. My time line be popping with game of thrones and just have the :dwillhuh: face

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Nah, it ain't ducktales.

I personally haven't owned a television since June of 2008...when I threw my last on out in the trash.

I learned way too much about television during my media communications studies classes that made me never want to watch that shyt again. It turned me off to it completely

Even when my roommate comes and puts on "It's Always Sunny On Philadelphia" when she's cooking her vegan whatever...I just end up leaving and going up to my room. I find that show to be disgusting and such a turn off. That's me though.

Explain

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I agree. Its been around 3 years since I had cable. I just been using Netflix and July but I have never seen game of thrones or boardwalk empire. My time line be popping with game of thrones and just have the :dwillhuh: face

I see all of these clips from these extravagant TV shows and t makes me feel like I'm missing out on something...

Those shows don't have any black characters anyways so I don't fukk with em.

I saw a clip of the last episode of Game Of Thrones with some white bytch elf in a sea of black and brown people playing white savior and it made me :snoop:so bad...I feel bad for black folks like my sister who invest time in this just to get that in return.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

I found out about archetypes, stereotypes, media engineering that eventually plays into social engineering and the social hierarchy in America. How certain characters are placed above others, subtexts, all of that stuff. It really turned me off to television.

Learned a lot in regards to race and the media too and that was it for me. I didn't want to waste my time with the shytz anymore.

I remember all of those years watching these shows, having my favorite characters and heroes and having to perform all of these mental gymnastics to relate to the roles. I remember for a little bit thinking to myself when I was young how much I wanted to be white just to be like Spider-Man, just to be like those super heroes. I just really got sick and tired of the criminal lack of representation when it came to black people on Television to the point I don't care about it anymore.

I was that black kid that wore glasses in my school...so eventually (especially growing up in the early 90s when Family Matters was popular) I was just called Urkle mercilessly. Then Jacquese from the Real World...then whatever black guy had glasses that was on a popular TV show. Not even like Basketball players (I got ridiculed mercilessly as well for not being some uber athletic basketball player, got called "white boy" by other black kids for doing good in school, and was shunned by everyone else).

Bottom line, TV feeds into America's love for convience and ignorance. Rather than draw their own conclusions about people and things, they'd rather let a magazine, TV show, or article written by someone else decide how they should feel about something without putting any thought into it.

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
No sports
HIOvOnG.png

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
:childplease:

Thread title should read "After not gettin p*ssy for 6 years, actually Im still a virgin so I feel out of the loop - Free daps for anyone that can convince me that my life has a purpose...no matter how small"