African Mom Happy Her Son Cut Off His Locks- X Says It’s Anti-Black.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Breh, why is this so hard for you to comprehend? Not all of us are monoliths. There are 100s of black hairstyles aside from dreadlocks. It is not quintessential blackness to have them.

And even if they did, I wouldn’t care. It’s their lives not mine. I respect people’s decisions, it doesn’t mean I have to like them.

I hate weed smokers. Their stench and self-importance is embarrassingly pathetic. But if they want to clog up their lungs and reach an early grave, then I support their right to do so. As long as they’re not clogging up hospital beds for their own poor life choices.

I find weaves disgusting, so I simply never date women who wear them. If they want to make Asians richer who gatekeep these vendors, whilst displaying self hate then let them waste their dollars. It’s not my business. I simply keep it pushing.

i never claimed we were a monolith but you're the one saying your family doesn't wear dreadlocks for the same reason you dislike them.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Quite the contrary. I use you hateful c00ns for teachable moments and contrast. To be mad...is to harbor such hatred for other Black people that every time they are mentioned you run in a thread to disparage them. I'm more disappointed than anything. Can't imagine knuckle dragging thru life with all those lowbrow thoughts. Must be a hell of a burden.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
such ignorance about our hair from our own people lol.

I bet folks think free forms are inherently dirty too even though for the most part that style requires washing your hair more often than if you had a fade.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Folks ITT gonna act like boomer ADOS parents and even Gen X/older Millennial ADOS don't have the same negative feelings towards locs. :dead: I remember back in the 90s and early 2000s the only black people you saw rocking locs were rastas and conscious/hotep people. It didn't really start gaining popularity until fairly recently.

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
My mother was on Wall St in the 90's with locs (started by me and very beautiful). She ended up having to sue them for discrimination. They settled. So, you're welcome, all bp who wear locs in a finance job.

Incidentally, she was born in the early 50's- a Boomer- and not especially 'crunchy' or Rasta-ish. She had to cut them off for other reasons, but she just started a new set.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks ITT gonna act like boomer ADOS parents and even Gen X/older Millennial ADOS don't have the same negative feelings towards locs. :dead: I remember back in the 90s and early 2000s the only black people you saw rocking locs were rastas and conscious/hotep people. It didn't really start gaining popularity until fairly recently.
Many older black people don’t rock with locs on men. It’s not just Africans

Just a part of being old and set in your ways

Respect honest and accurate narrative