African Mom Happy Her Son Cut Off His Locks- X Says It’s Anti-Black.

coldcall

All Star
Daps
I hate when people act like locs is a symbol of black pride when majority of people that wear them are just doing it to be trendy or because it's low maintenance. Most of you were influenced directly or indirectly by lil wayne or one of those drill rappers ( some of the biggest c00ns btw) And a lot of young black men look dusty af with their locs.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
The urge to seek white acceptance continues to plague our people.

I work in corporate finance. There are a couple of lock headed skinfolk around here. There are also heavy tatted cacs walking around here in 3 piece suits, or they rock samurai buns. Full body tats, but the suits hide it. The only people who complain about the locks/braids are other Black people, specifically women in wigs.

Meanwhile nobody says a work around the rolled up sleeve, cyberpunk cac flashing his SpongeBob forearm tats.
Corporate cacs wit the samurai bun are default NPCs status :mjlol: they just rolling off an assembly line somewhere. The limited edition samurai bun cac comes with a hoop earring :mjlol:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
You said you want a clean cut looking lawyer. Dreads, braids, and afros can all look clean cut.
Again… to you. And that’s fine. We don’t all have to share to same opinion.

Man-buns, Mohawks etc equally look unprofessional to me. To each their own.

And I said nothing against afros or braids. I specifically stated dreads that look dusty to me.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Again… to you. And that’s fine. We don’t all have to share to same opinion.

Man-buns, Mohawks etc equally look unprofessional to me. To each their own.

And I said nothing against afros or braids. I specifically stated dreads that look dusty to me.

So you think black can only do caesar cuts and nothing else? Are there any other styles acceptable?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
no one in your family wore clean braids or dreads?
Why are y’all getting so defensive? People can wear what the hell they want. I don’t care what clothes or hair style people choose to wear in their personal life.

I have and always will find dreads dusty. And the people who wear them (of any race) usually are equally as dusty.

Now are there scholars, professionals who wear them? Absolutely. Doesn’t change the fact they look nasty to me.

All this “you let the white man brainwash” nonsense is funny to me. It’s not self hate to find a hairstyle unkempt. Some of you need to accept not everyone will nor has to agree with your opinion.

And can we stop conflating dreads with braids? Two completely different hairstyles.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Why are y’all getting so defensive? People can wear what the hell they want. I don’t care what clothes or hair style people choose to wear in their personal life.

I have and always will find dreads dusty. And the people who wear them (of any race) usually are equally as dusty.

Now are there scholars, professionals who wear them? Absolutely. Doesn’t change the fact they look nasty to me.

All this “you let the white man brainwash” nonsense is funny to me. It’s not self hate to find a hairstyle unkempt. Some of you need to accept not everyone will nor has to agree with your opinion.

And can we stop conflating dreads with braids? Two completely different hairstyles.

so growing up you looked upon your own family with dreadlocks as unkempt?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
White folks got a lot of Africans in a headlock not realizing you don’t have to tap dance for quarters to be successful in life.
Colonialism did that but it's not just Africans there's varying degrees to this shyt

if i asked most Black people to dress formal or presentable 100% the attire would be white formal wear. no matter where the Black person is from.

most people don't even think about it or question it. it's not just about how we wear our hair.... also our clothes. the ideal of what is presentable isn't our own. from head to toe, even the choice of muted/neutral color palettes. before people jump to shytting on dudes mom it's best to reflect on that. she's not the only one in it...

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
really, no one with aunt's, uncle's cousins, nieces and nephews? :gucci:
Breh, why is this so hard for you to comprehend? Not all of us are monoliths. There are 100s of black hairstyles aside from dreadlocks. It is not quintessential blackness to have them.

And even if they did, I wouldn’t care. It’s their lives not mine. I respect people’s decisions, it doesn’t mean I have to like them.

I hate weed smokers. Their stench and self-importance is embarrassingly pathetic. But if they want to clog up their lungs and reach an early grave, then I support their right to do so. As long as they’re not clogging up hospital beds for their own poor life choices.

I find weaves disgusting, so I simply never date women who wear them. If they want to make Asians richer who gatekeep these vendors, whilst displaying self hate then let them waste their dollars. It’s not my business. I simply keep it pushing.

Daps
Jesus - not a white man and Christianity was in Africa BEFORE Europe. I know the NOI, shea butter rhetoric loves acting like the white man brought Jesus to the colored folks but that's not true. White man used religion...but he didn't invent any major religion. Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity.....no white people involved in making any of that. Just using it later for nefarious purposes.

Locs - African parents of today are about 60 years behind the rest of the diaspora. They view racism as baked into the cake and raise kids to succeed WITHIN the system, instead of trying to destroy or repair the system. Younger Africans and the rest of the diaspora want to fix the system to work to their benefit....not learn how to navigate a flawed course.

Having said all that........you never (at least in my career) see white dudes in authority positions with long azz hair. They're either balding or have it cut short/even. Doug The Actuary isn't rocking a ponytail. If their own people get looked sideways for "different" hairstyles, of course some rocking dreads is gonna get heat.