African Mom Happy Her Son Cut Off His Locks- X Says It’s Anti-Black.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
You guys are tripping. Clean cut = professional.
What type of man is walking around with some “long hair don’t care “ or some “ I have to get my hair done”
Past 30 yrs old. A man should look masculine and leave that long hair for kids

No offense breh, but you make a good sheep. If I was a Sheppard, I'd want a sheep like you.

Daps
Reppin
wildcats nation
No offense breh, but you make a good sheep. If I was a Sheppard, I'd want a sheep like you.
What is sheepy about my opinion?
In Nigeria and most straight cultures , it is a cultural norm that long hair is feminine and short hair is masculine.

I’m sure you cant wait to go to the salon with ur bf to twist your hair.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
What is sheepy about my opinion?
In Nigeria and most straight cultures , it is a cultural norm that long hair is feminine and short hair is masculine.

I’m sure you cant wait to go to the salon with ur bf to twist your hair.

all that hair cutting shyt was dictated to you by some european white men who dont have the vitality innately to grow their hair out

so they decided to mold you like them

point out nigerian hair customs pre-cac encounter?

Daps
Reppin
wildcats nation
all that hair cutting shyt was dictated to you by some european white men who dont have the vitality innately to grow their hair out

so they decided to mold you like them

point out nigerian hair customs pre-cac encounter?
You are right. There were some long hair for men pre cac..
However, I’m not going to a salon to get my hair done .

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Maybe cutting locs means growing up to him? These things all mean different things to different people. I remember taking my 15 inch subs out my car was a 'growing up' moment...doesn't mean i was selling out..but it was one of those "childish things" we surrender as we grow up to me. It could be that to him...but not to others.

I know people who started growing their locs in their late 20's, there's nothing childish about it.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Although his ancestors had hair like this 100 years ago:

(Igbo)

(Zulu)

unidentified-photographer-portrait-of-a-man-south-africa-late-nineteen-century-web.jpg

":scust: unprofessional. Why don't they grow up??? I wouldn't hire them to be my lawyer, or doctor. I wouldn't let one of them handle my financial accounts or install an air conditioner or furnace in my house. I wouldn't try to get a loan from them or buy a house from them. They all have a savage, uneducated look. I just don't feel safe, comfortable or assured. But maybe I'm wrong about them :hubie:"

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That clip perfectly encapsulates the contrast between FBA and African immigrants.

FBA want to fight to change the negative perception of black hairstyles that have their root in the system of anti black racism.

African immigrants want to fit into that same system and play by its rules because they see themselves as guests in a white country.
African immigrants have no identities to you that's the issue. Most of the time you are commenting on middle to upper class Nigerians. But using them to generalize many nations of many different people. It never makes sense.

Last edited: