African Mom Happy Her Son Cut Off His Locks- X Says It’s Anti-Black.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
That clip perfectly encapsulates the contrast between FBA and African immigrants.

FBA want to fight to change the negative perception of black hairstyles that have their root in the system of anti black racism.

African immigrants want to fit into that same system and play by its rules because they see themselves as guests in a white country.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Although his ancestors had hair like this 100 years ago:

(Igbo)

igbo-men-1939.jpg

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
From Africa to the Carribeans to even the Old School AAs. any boomer black will be on some c00n shyt when it comes to dreads. Most black people born pre 1960 are incredibly old school and conservative
this forum acts as if Black American history started in the late 60s and conveniently ignores when folks used to put conks in their hair to look like the white man

Also, how TO THIS DAY there are older Black American Men who will tell you to be clean shaven, no piercings, no tats.. it’s still common.

The issue in the clip is colonialism as well as African traditions being weary of longer hair (Yoruba & dada) and I got no issues speaking on it.. but you can’t stand on a soapbox preaching to folks about loving your hair when there’s still identity issues surrounding natural hair in the states

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
That clip perfectly encapsulates the contrast between FBA and African immigrants.

FBA want to fight to change the negative perception of black hairstyles that have their root in the system of anti black racism.

African immigrants want to fit into that same system and play by its rules because they see themselves as guests in a white country.
:mjlol:spoken like someone who dont leave the house, i promise you he only did that to make ma dukes happy nothing else. Again only boomer parents do that, the rest are left field af.

Trust and believe the rest still doing whatever.

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

They just wanna c00n in peace :wow:

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Really if we had our own economic
eco system this wouldn’t be an issue.

Look how them arabs dress in their traditional Muslim wear and no one tells them they must wear a suit and tie.

We probably the only group that need to conform in order to put food on the table and beg for our “traditions” to be accepted by the dominant society in the field of business and economics.

From hairstyles, speech, names, food, culture etc. Its draining.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I had locs until my 2L year. I cut them because I was going bald. :mjcry:

Only black people told me they looked unprofessional.