African Island Women of Indian Ocean: Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoros, Seychelles, Mayotte/Reunion

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I asked [S]@KidStranglehold[/S] @Diasporan Royalty if he accepted this last mission to find women of this part of Africa, which are the island countries in the Indian Ocean, Madagascar being the largest and most well known. Also included Mauritius, Seychelles and Comoros. He said pictures were hard to come by, which is true, not as well known and smaller countries.........:mjcry:.... I pulled myself up by bootstraps and went on the hunt.................................................

Madagascar is a monster of an island, the other island countries are barely blips on the map as you can see, but they are all considered African countries.

Madagascar - 22 million population, settled by Astronesian (Pacific Islander people), then Bantus, then Arabs, then French colonists had some influence. 18 different ethnic groups. Language is Malagasy and French. Madagascar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mauritius - 1.2 million population, settled by Arabs, followed up by Europeans (Dutch, Portuguese, French, English), Africans/Indians/Chinese also make up this multiethnic, multireligious, bilingual (French, English) country.
Mauritius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seychelles - 92,000 people, Austronesian people may have checked it out but mainly settled by Arabs and Maldive islanders. French and English came through, brought enslaved Africans. Later, Chinese and Indians arrived. Hence, the island is 93% Creole. They speak French, English, and Seychelles Creole . Seychelles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comoros - 800,000 people, settled by Austronesian, Arab and Bantu people originally. Malay people came later, and French and Indians. Mostly an African-Arab people. They speak Comorian, similar to Swahili, along with French. Mostly Sunni Islam.
Comoros - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

madagascar.jpg

Comoros_zpsfb9d6cd0.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Reunion and Mayotte, are French territories out there too.

Mayotte - 200,000 -people, mostly Comorian people and mostly Muslim. Speak Malagasy and Comorian, but French is official lanuage. Part of Comoros island, but voted to be part of France in 1974.

Réunion - 850,000 people, mix of French and Indian are said to be combined 50%, and Afro-Malagasy people are next largest, along with a few Chinese. Nonetheless its a Creole society. Réunion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

140102.png

140102.png

Last edited:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Comoros

:mindblown: .....I can't find anything... I mean not 20 or 30 or 40 something women ...crazy.. They look really strict with their Islam from the pictures. I'm sure there are pages with young/middle age women somewhere, but it is a task.

Moroni.jpg

503844493.jpg

3071956427_1_3_NHvk6C4r.jpg

Imany, a Afro-Soul singer (French
images

images

images

nafoue1.jpg

Last edited: