African Funerals are lit.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the pallbearers usually dance with the coffin, when my Mom passed last year the pastor had to warn them in advance not to do it...... some churches dont agree with the practice

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

The fukkery if the casket slips off homie shoulder

:dead:

Im telling you..... obviously Ive been to a lot of funerals where they do it.... they see funerals as a celebration of the persons life and a joyous occasion but I was glad that they didnt do that at my mothers funeral, it wouldnt have felt right

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Im telling you..... obviously Ive been to a lot of funerals where they do it.... they see funerals as a celebration of the persons life and a joyous occasion but I was glad that they didnt do that at my mothers funeral, it wouldnt have felt right

Could u imagine dudes dancing, laughing and shyt while u lowering the casket? I would stop right there and hop out the grave and start swinging on dudes

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I know with Nigerians we usually split it between the wake and funeral. The wake is a more upbeat celebration of the person with dancing and throwing money, the funeral is somber with prayer.

But depending on the circumstances of the death it might be harder to have a celebration of their death. Like when my big brother died at 18th they tried to have a happy wake, but nobody felt happy.