African-*Americans*, if so much oppression still exists in the USofA, why stay?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is for Americans. British and Canadians need not talk about this

I just randomly thought of this after seeing the Paul Mooney thread. It's obvious that Paul Mooney hates whites obviously, and I fukk with him. I'm not sure how long his money is but hes actually an example of somebody that complains about the very system that made him successful, but he still talks that shyt. So it made me wonder to all the marginal folks in America, the ones who complain about white privilege, the hood etc...if America has not treated you well why are you still there? Serious question, so trolls can bounce. I'm not disagreeing with your notions, because the same stuff occurs in Canada too , and probably other developed countries.

But the point I'm making is that technically, yall are not slaves anymore. The freedom and resources to change your life are now there. Switzerland, Sweden, Holland, Australlia, Qatar. Maybe developing countries? Why not capitalize and do something for the benefit of your family that your parents or ancenstors couldn't, wouldn't or simply didnt?

Furthermore, do yall ever see an exile happening?

Let's think about this for a second.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Because my culture is here, my people are here, my family has been here since the middle passage and black people built america. We have the most opportunities here in life, even in spite of this opression. I refuse to surrender what my predecessors fought for and sell out black american culture and lifestyle to live with even more europeons. The grass is not greener even if ours is drier than we would like.

Black americans should have pride in what we carved out in this society in spite of opression, our resilliance, the fact that this generation is MORE educated and has more wealth than the last, and the fact that we built america, even if we werent paid for it.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Because my culture is here, my people are here, my family has been here since the middle passage and black people built america. We have the most opportunities here in life, even in spite of this opression. I refuse to surrender what my predecessors fought for and sell out black american culture and lifestyle to live with even more europeons.

Black americans should have pride in what we carved out in this society in spite of opression, our resilliance, the fact that this generation is MORE educated and has more wealth than the last, and the fact that we built america, even if we werent paid for it.

:wow: Real talk. Thats why as bad as I imagine it must be sometimes, at the end of the day its not really the country's fault. It's just the stigma that comes with being a minority whereever you are really. Ultimately, I dont imagine any country with more opportunity than the United states. If anything, its like they really try hard with the affirmative action too based on stories i've heard. Could be a sham though.

In Canada for instance there arent really many groups that focus on helping blacks in certain facets of life (professionally for instance). Understandably so I guess, but if anything besides the crime its probably harder here than it is in the US to be a REALLY successful black man. Especially with all the multiculturalism...their are so many minorities to compete against :laugh:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because my culture is here, my people are here, my family has been here since the middle passage and black people built america. We have the most opportunities here in life, even in spite of this opression. I refuse to surrender what my predecessors fought for and sell out black american culture and lifestyle to live with even more europeons. The grass is not greener even if ours is drier than we would like.

:blessed:

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf

[/THREAD]

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX

:salute: real shyt

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Europe outside of England :gag:. At least they share 400 years of experience with us here, they know what's offensive/annoying, and also what lines not to cross. Canada though... :ehh:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

I can't hate, would you consider moving to a nation on the rise(China; Brazil, Singapore, Dubai, Indonesia, etc) given a good situation(good affordable living, decent weather,safe, ability to save your money)?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Wow Ed. If Randy Orton were black, he'd be a proud. Excellent post. Sums it up well.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
How evil is this?

It's like somebody jumping you in a dark alley and after beating the hell out of you for a half hour they calmly say "alright, you can go home now"

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I can't hate, would you consider moving to a nation on the rise(China; Brazil, Singapore, Dubai, Indonesia, etc) given a good situation(good affordable living, decent weather,safe, ability to save your money)?

I'm not one to leave my culture behind because of things I can obtain here....plus, there is no scenario i can see a BRIC country or dubai providing me the opportunity america can. Fair question though.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The last time black people tried to migrate out of America white people begged us to stay. Many people feel like since our ancestors built this nation, we shouldnt have to leave, feelin like what should happen is the cac should change and love us. This wont happen though. Black people try so hard to be loved by the cac and you only have to look to asians to see that no matter how successful you are, they're still going to treat you like shyt and make stereotypes out of you to exalt themselves.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I think Paul Cuffee & Marcus Garvey had the right idea. Even Malcolm's idea of a separate nation would've been dope. It's too late for all that tho. For most blacks, our culture and roots are far too ingrained in America to ever leave. Had we did it 100, 150 years ago....things might've been different.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
because we built this bytch

a0yqua.jpg

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I think Paul Cuffee & Marcus Garvey had the right idea. Even Malcolm's idea of a separate nation would've been dope. It's too late for all that tho. For most blacks, our culture and roots are far too ingrained in America to ever leave. Had we did it 100, 150 years ago....things might've been different.

Where would we have gone even 150yrs ago? This theoretical has always bothered me....its not like west africa wouldve just opened arms