African American man meets his 5th cousin in Senegal

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
His family must've been captured and brought here relatively recently (1800s) for the relation to be so close.

All New Afrikans (and other African descendants in the Americas) should undertake genealogical & genetic genealogy research if possible :salute:
If there was a way to do this with non-US or US friendly companies that would be great.
But US government pushing this DNA shyt to use as an unofficial DNA database on everyone.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
His family must've been captured and brought here relatively recently (1800s) for the relation to be so close.

All New Afrikans (and other African descendants in the Americas) should undertake genealogical & genetic genealogy research if possible :salute:

I have decent amount of 4th cousins with good and high confidence levels on Ancestry.com, sadly none of them know much about their ancestors greater than grand parents. I think that we may share a literally ancestor(s) that was a slave within the last 150-200 years being that generations are estimated as 25 yrs (remove 25 yrs for each number the person is your cousin).

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
keep posting more of these videos
I want to make it very clear we have our own distinct look
no more "if you dropped AAs in the Congo, you wouldnt be able to tell who is who"

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
no more "if you dropped AAs in the Congo, you wouldnt be able to tell who is who"

This is true. I'm usually able to tells groups of Africans apart by region. I can't do so with African-Americans. For instance, I'll see an Af-Am with a Ghanaian skin tone but with 'Yoruba eyes'

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

I concur

:feedme::feedme::feedme:

You always know how to make an AA feel special man :mjcry:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another one

Good video. The advances in DNA science is getting good.

Btw, did they give the wife's maternal haplogroup? Because according to 23andMe the maternal haplogroup L2C is the most common in Senegal, Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde. It comes back to the Mandinka, Fulani, Wolof and Balanta tribes. The only reason that I even know any of that information is because my mother's haplogroup is L2C and she comes back as Mandinka. She also clusters with the Fulani and the Mende. The Mende are related to the Mandinka.