"Afeni Shakur Broke My Heart When She Said I Was Dead Over Money." - Billy Garland (2Pac’s Father) The Art Of Dialogue

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I believe him. Why he gotta lie when that kind of shyt happens often

Only so much you can do when a crack addict has ran off with your kid and said you dead

Guess you can relate more to deadbeat father who shows up in the 9th inning to cash in, than the late Afeni Shakur who struggled to raise their child without him.

+1 to ignore list.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Damn. They got everyone on these 2pac podcasts now.

I remember as a kid when it was all a mystery, and there were these conspiracies that he faked his death/simon killed him etc.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, anyone with any sort of connection to fame is trying to milk the social media circuit these days.

Sometimes I check stuff out but only with the whole 'grain of salt' lens....

When this dropped tho, as someone who grew up without a father:

:whew:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps

Guess you can relate more to deadbeat father who shows up in the 9th inning to cash in, than the late Afeni Shakur who struggled to raise their child without him.

+1 to ignore list.

All due respect to her, as she came up during a hard era and she grinded for a cause, but she wasn't very competent. Got on crack and didn't give a stable home to her kids.

Pac might not have been as impressionable if he had his dad around and wasn't around mainly female family members. Then again, that upbringing is what made him a star.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
“I’m not gonna love him anymore and I’m not gonna love him any less” - Tupac “turn the other cheek” Shakur

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
All due respect to her, as she came up during a hard era and she grinded for a cause, but she wasn't very competent. Got on crack and didn't give a stable home to her kids.

Pac might not have been as impressionable if he had his dad around and wasn't around mainly female family members. Then again, that upbringing is what made him a star.
And his biological father was alive the entire time.

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam

Damn Reggie lol

Glad someone added the audio!

When I heard the news that Billy Garland was making claim to Tupac’s money, I wondered how this man could stand in a courtroom in front of strangers and say he was this boy’s father. I wondered, as I heard of this absurd lawsuit, how he could hold his head high enough to even see his way into a courtroom after not living one moment in the child’s life. I wondered how he could take the tears of a grieving mother, as tough as that mother may be, and flaunt those tears in front of a judge and lawyers and say “I want some of what’s left for her for myself.” It’s incredible that a person who has never provided anything for a child as that child grows up would try to take what that child has made for himself on his own. All Billy Garland ever did for Tupac was create a void, which Tupac in all futility searched to fill for most of his life.

Afeni Shakur: Evolution Of A Revolutionary (p. 146)

Last edited: