Advice to stay fit on the road

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Hey brehs,

I have to travel a lot for work, so I'm mostly staying in hotels weekly. Other than running on the treadmills in the shytty hotel gyms, what kind of exercises could I be doing to stay fit while on the road?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Find an incline or flat surface for sprints. That’s a quick workout that hit a lot or areas and get your system going.

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
When I’d go on tours, we’d normally be in a new city/hotel daily. The way I made myself stay focused and fit was, some mornings, if we had enough time before we headed out to the next place, I’d run thru the city after examining maps and scoping out the layout briefly. The important thing was I just got up and did it. It’s so hard to have that drive when you’re playing music in packed clubs daily, going to sleep late and waking up earlier just to go to the next location.

Another thing I did, since I like martial arts, I’d search for cities that had boxing gyms, and if we happened to make it into a city early enough that day or if we happened to spend a few days in one city, I’d go train there.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Also, look into gym membership chains. I have an anytime fitness membership I got specifically because I saw they have locations in the UK and Australia. So I knew I had some time and researched, I could just use their gyms locally.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Hey brehs,

I have to travel a lot for work, so I'm mostly staying in hotels weekly. Other than running on the treadmills in the shytty hotel gyms, what kind of exercises could I be doing to stay fit while on the road?
If you have a choice, go to hotels that have somewhat good weight-resistance machines or where hotel guests get a pass for a nearby gym.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Also, look into gym membership chains. I have an anytime fitness membership I got specifically because I saw they have locations in the UK and Australia. So I knew I had some time and researched, I could just use their gyms locally.
This right there, or find the closest gym and pay the weekly fees if you have the money

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
:salute: to you all for throwing some advice in here. I will definitely give some of these a shot. I am worried about my diet as I'm out here but I'll slowly figure that out

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im in the same boat.
If they call it a "fitness center", its gonna be waackk.:flabbynsick: I just grab the heaviest weight (usually 80 is the max)and goblet squat. If there's nothing to bench on, i use a giant excercise ball :sadbron:
If you have your own local gym membership (not a passport), find a near location to the hotel youre at. Call them, say you're visiting for a business convention, get a managers name, and you're in for free.
There's always a local duane reade or pharmacy around the way. I cop some bs bars, mixed nuts, jerky, and random shakes. Save the receipt, and expense it.
So far, Sheraton's usually have the best gyms. The one in DC is :ohlawd:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
buy resistance bands for the arms and legs and a jump rope. if you fancy, get a TRX suspension cord...these and body weight exercises will get you thru the week