Advice on Rest Days

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Okay, I try to work out 7 days a week but I'm noticing my tendon is getting compromised (I do ~5 walk/run daily), high step aerobics 4 days a week, abs and lifting 3 days.

I have pretty aggressive loss goals (60-70, 15 in the next 5 weeks) and am gonna likely switch up from the daily 5 to get a wider range of cardio. But how should I approach rest days?

Should I just completely not exercise or should I just do something light-ish? What do you do?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm confused are you going to continue going 7 days a week?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
No, I think I'm going to scale it back to 5 or 6. Not sure if doing 7 is helping or hurting at this point, tbh.
Rest in undervalued in terms of the four view elements to really see change.

I wouldn't do anything on those days and fully rest. It seems like your volume would be in line with that.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Rest in undervalued in terms of the four view elements to really see change.

I wouldn't do anything on those days and fully rest. It seems like your volume would be in line with that.

Gotit, thankyakindly.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Which tendon, I am pretty sure you have more than one :biggapls:

And aside from rest days, dont forget rest weeks. I am gonna take on a similarly aggressive weight loss plan next yr (~50lbs over the course of 2015) and I have planned for ~2-3 week breaks every 2-3 months.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Which tendon, I am pretty sure you have more than one :biggapls:

And aside from rest days, dont forget rest weeks. I am gonna take on a similarly aggressive weight loss plan next yr (~50lbs over the course of 2015) and I have planned for ~2-3 week breaks every 2-3 months.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

lol shutup. My right. I hurt my left ankle last year with a pretty nasty sprain. I don't know if it wants some sympathy attention but my right has been sore lately, making me run pretty slow. I started wearing a thin cushion and high tops for my aerobics so it's been better. I think I just have to go a little easier on it with mixing up my workout. I'm gonna check this link out, thanks.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yeah, I'm gonna start back swimming in the Fall. Pool's too crowded in the summer for me to really get a good workout spacewise.

And I had a bike but the good ratchet denizens of my Shytty decided it'd be better in their care.:sadcam: I'm gonna buy another one at some point. I think.
:to:

Shuteye

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Netherlands
Another big reason why I take rest days isnt even to recover my body but for keeping that mental drive

Working out more than 5 days a week just isnt fun for me anymore :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I have been physically active 7 days per week for at least 8 months with only the occassional full rest day due to having events that take up my time.

I may work out as little as 3 days a week or as many as 6, and on all my off days I work a job that involves 5-8 hours of walking and light-to-moderate lifting

Taking pure rest days where you do absolutely nothing is overrated in my opinion. All it does is make me bored. Light exercise like walking, doing outdoor activities, or similar non-intense activity are perfectly fine and will still allow for recovery.

I'm forcing myself to deload this week, but im still gonna be doing cardio or working every day:manny:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
You are running five miles a day? Yeah you need to have a rest day, don't do anything. I mean don't lie in bed all day, but the body needs rest. You have to listen to your body. One day of rest is enough.

Spy

If you're looking at me, who is looking at you?
Daps
Reppin
NSA
My formula is lift on Mon/Wed/Fri and run on Tues/Thur. Just me though. I try to stay well rounded in my fitness manifestos.