WOAT
Daps
i hoop 3/4 times a week at the gym but past few weeks my legs are killn me

I tried the ice/rest shyt n streching

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
How are your shoes? How old/worn are they What kind?

Water intake?

I was wearing some lowtop basketball shoes(kobes) size 13 switched to some high top reeboks only pair i have size 14(my foot grew a whole size) im 6'4

Tbh i dont drink alot of water unless im at the gym...

shyt is weird like my legs are throbbing

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I was wearing some lowtop basketball shoes(kobes) size 13 switched to some high top reeboks only pair i have size 14(my foot grew a whole size) im 6'4

Tbh i dont drink alot of water unless im at the gym...

shyt is weird like my legs are throbbing

You might wanna start with a LOT of water outside the gym and maybe a half water half Gatorade mix when u hoop honestly. Hooping is taxing and can dry you out pretty bad. Bananas are good for helping with splints because of the potassium. The mid soles good and sturdy on your reebok right?

Never hooped in Kobe's but I know those run kinda small I wear a 15 in those and Lebron's

I'm usually a 14 Nike wise.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Hey wassup breh...missed ur post

Im taking a break from gym its been 5 days...my legs still hurt(pain)

I feel useless when i dont go gym...but shyt legs hurt
shin splints shouldn't be a constant pain reminder, they usually flare back up when you start running. you might wanna go to the doctor breh and make sure it's not something more serious like a stress fracture

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you got insurance, go to an ortho doc and get some insoles custom made for you. The alternative is some right out of the Walgreens.

I have supination like a mawfukka so a prolonged sprint where I land on my heels first, my shyt would be flamin' (shin splints has a lot to do with how you strike the ground as you run).

Time to find a different shoe that somewhat compensates for how you strike the ground.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
If it's recurring you should go to a physio. A friend of mine thought he had shin splints from jogging but it was something much more serious and his bone could have snapped easily.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
shin splints shouldn't be a constant pain reminder, they usually flare back up when you start running. you might wanna go to the doctor breh and make sure it's not something more serious like a stress fracture

I sprained my ankle real bad 6 months ago...bytch told me its was just sprained

I went from gym 1 a week to 4 times a week of cardio im also kinda big guy (6'4 250)

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I sprained my ankle real bad 6 months ago...bytch told me its was just sprained

I went from gym 1 a week to 4 times a week of cardio im also kinda big guy (6'4 250)

Constant leg pain can be from poor blood circulation. Ive seen that many times in bigger dudes. U should really go get checked out. No way should ur legs be hurting for more then 5 days regardless of what your doing with them at the time it happened

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I had shin splints when I did track for like a month straight :mjcry: nothing helped. Stretching out, rolling out, staying hydrated, nothing. But I bought some dr. Sholls active series gel insoles.

ActiveSeriesInsoles_large.png

They went away within a week and never returned. I still have them in my running shoes to this day, these are a lifesaver