Advice 4 newb.

King Khufu

CARTEL MAFIA GANG
Daps
Reppin
At Ur Mama's Bando
I know I said I was done posting. I lied this question kept bugging me.
4 someone new to health coming in here asking the coli FAM humbly as I can
What's first important?
Diet or Exercise?

And what's a good way to get my back into shape fast. I know I think I had a thread before but I forgot about it.
I'm trying to keep motivated but I need the energy and need real solid advice from the bros in here who got this fitness thing on lock.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Both are important and there aren't any shortcuts to go get in shape fast.
Hard work in the kitchen and hard work in the gym is going to be the way to attain your goals the fastest no matter what they are
Hard work in gym meaning lifting or cardio? I can get in shape without cardio right? I hate running on the treadmill

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
Both cardio and weightlifting are important, no matter what your goal is. They truly go "hand in hand".

Weights 5x a week , Cardio 5-6x a week.

Dieting is crucial too. It's not easy, but it gets easier after you commit. I love noodle based dishes (I'm a huge Italian/Sicilian foodie), but I banished it from my diet. Sacrifices must be made.

"Mental preparation before Physical preparation". Remember this quote breh.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Both cardio and weightlifting are important, no matter what your goal is. They truly go "hand in hand".

Dieting is crucial too. It's not easy, but it gets easier after you commit. I love noodle based dishes (I'm a huge Italian/Sicilian foodie), but I banished it from my diet. Sacrifices must be made.

5 times a week for weight? Aren’t you supposed to have a rest day to let your muscles heal

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
5 times a week for weight? Aren’t you supposed to have a rest day to let your muscles heal
Depends on how you program it. There seems to be benefit in more training sessions at lower volume and intensity.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
A change in lifestyle in general is needed if you want to KEEP the results you attain. Too many times individuals will change their diet & begin exercising just to fall back into old habits...

It doesn't have to be cold turkey or flash exercising. Start off slow... Cardio 3x a week, weights 2x, etc... start replacing foods you eat with others such as junk food with fruits, pork & beef with chicken & fish, SLOWLY if needed. Then after a while you'll realize you've completely shifted how you eat & it will not feel like you're forcing yourself to "diet" but that it is indeed your new way of eating. Take it from someone who used to eat honey buns, double cheeseburgers & fries, soda, chinese food & potato chips heavy throughout the week. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I would say replacing Soda & stopping the urge to snack on junk foods is where I would start, once you get past that, it becomes easier to replace foods.

Gwoppo

All Star
Daps
I would say diet over exercise.
For your back, I would say stretches. Like looonnnggg stretches for a few months

When getting advice online, make sure you do a ton of research on whatever advice was given to you.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

Get some of those veggie noodles playa that's what I fool with

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I've recently been thinking of buying veggie noodles. Any recommendations?
071300006016.png

I rock with these. They're good exctly like regular pasta but made with vegetables
Eat too many tho and yo stomach will have a fiber overload :whoa: