Advances in CGI and technology has changed our expectations of movies drastically.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Back in the 80's and 90's good CGI/visual effects was able to carry a movie. It made bad movies good, and good movies.... better. Since quality CGI is the new normal now, studios can't get away with making shytty movies (unless of course your name is Michael Bay).

It's almost like Dunk Contests in basketball. The dunks they were doing in the 80's appeared to be :wow: at that time but the moment Isaiah Rider did the between the legs dunk the game changed forever. Now if someone does that basic dunk it will only get 7's or 8's. Today, we've pretty much seen every dunk you can possibly do so that wow factor is gone.

Hopefully, studios will find a happy medium between great actors/writing and CGI.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
ozkom.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
thanks for the great insight capt obvious

:mjpls:

I bring this up because movies that have come out the past few years would've been deemed classics 15-20 years ago.

Take that shytty BvS and MOS for example. CGI was dope but the writing/plot/script was ass (even though it would've gotten hella praise in 98 or overlooked all together.