Ad exec, 35, on first date plummets to her death when 17th-floor balcony collapses

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Smoke cigarettes on balconies brehs.

article-balcony-0801.jpg

Jennifer Rosoff was sitting on the railing when it collapsed early Thursday.

An ad exec on a first date plunged to her death early Thursday at her upscale midtown apartment after the railing around her 17th-floor balcony suddenly buckled, police and neighbors said.

Jennifer Rosoff, 35, brought the man to her home at 400 E. 57th St., near First Ave., and the two had stepped out on the narrow ledge when the railing gave way at about 12:45 a.m., sources said.

Vic Nicastro/Vic Nicastro

Police investigated the death of Rosoff at the site of her death, 400 E. 57 St.

Rosoff was smoking a cigarette and sat on top of the railing — despite pleas from her 35-year-old date that it didn’t look safe, the sources said. :snoop:

She fell and landed on scaffolding outside the building, as the horrified man stood nearby and screamed in panic.

The 17th-floor balcony rail suddenly collapsed under Rosoff.

“I heard the thud,” said Sara Shubert, who has lived in the building eight years.

“It was too dull to be a car accident. It was kind of like a 200-pound punch. Then I didn't hear anything else.”

It was not immediately clear why the balcony failed.

The distraught man who was with Rosoff emerged from the elevator in the lobby saying his friend fell.

“He was hysterical,” said another building resident, who said the man told him the couple had just had their first date.

Police investigate following the fatal collapse at Rosoff's building.

The man was being interviewed by police as a witness, police sources said. Investigators said foul play was not suspected.

Stonehenge, a luxury real estate company, took over the building a year-and-a-half ago and have upgraded the building and raised rents, residents say.

Police say the 35-year-old hit the scaffolding and died.

"They run a tight ship," Shubert said. "There's been a lot of improvements. Thy inherited a very old building with lots of problems, pipes and things.

"I would think they would have done an inspection all around. It's shocking to hear that the railing would have given way."

Rosoff was on a first date when the tragic accident occurred.

The building was cited for a construction violation on June 27, according to the Department of Buildings online records. A DOB spokesman did not immediately return a request for comment.

Rosoff was the Director of Sales at Triplelift, a digital adverstising firm in the Flatiron District.

Jennifer Rosoff, 35, died after the railing of her 17th-floor balcony buckled.

“She was a well-loved and highly-respected member of our team. Her tremendous energy and humor brought so much joy to the office,” Triplelift CEO Eric Berry said in a statement.

A friend of Shubert's used to live in the victim's apartment so she has seen the balcony.

"The balconies are very narrow. You can't fit a chair out there. It's for standing and smoking and looking at the moon."

"I'm shocked," said Pearl Harrison, 86, who lives in the building. "I can't believe it. It's terrible, a young girl like that. She probably went out to get some air" :troll:

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/woman-35-dies-17th-floor-balcony-collapses-article-1.1414513

Also I don't know why but after reading this the little voice in my head said "Rock the boat, rock the boat, one less bytch in a rocawear coat" :ld: :manny:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Very sad story yall. Please dont smoke. Please dont gamble with your life. Please dont stand on raillings. Please be normal in matters of the heart. Thank you for reading this, friend.

:to: Always a good word for the masses. I lost all faith in the world before I started reading your posts, friend. My motto in life used to be: Get Money, fukk bytches

Now it's Get Righteous or Die Trying :blessed:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
i feel good whenever a cigarette smoker dies

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I don't understand people living in buildings that tall. Anything above the 3rd story is not for me.

I used to jump out of second story windows with my cousin when I was younger so I guess my mind figures I can handle a few more feet.