Action Bronson Responds to 40 "Actin Crazy" Beat Originally Intended for Kendrick Lamar

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Action Bronson Responds to Video of Drake Listening to "Actin Crazy" Beat Originally Intended for Kendrick Lamar

Action Bronson Responds to Video of Drake Listening to "Actin Crazy" Beat Originally Intended for Kendrick Lamar

bronson-tweet.png

Action Bronson chimed in after a video shared by Drake showed the Toronto rapper and producer 40 listening to the beat for "Actin Crazy," which they originally wanted for a Kendrick Lamar collaboration.

In a recent update to Drake's "100 gigs" website, on which he's been sharing previously unheard tracks and behind-the-scenes footage, there's a new video that showed Drizzy and his go-to producer listening to a beat in the studio.

"For him, where he's at, I know he's gonna murder that shyt," Drake is heard in the clip. "When you told me Kendrick, it just made so much sense."

Unreleased Drake x Kendrick Lamar track from 100 gigs?? Drake: “for him, where he’s at, I know he’s gonna murder this” OVO 40: “when you told me Kendrick, it just made so much sense”

Though Drake ultimately didn't rap over the beat, and it's unclear if the Kendrick collaboration progressed beyond the idea stage, the beat will sound familiar to some. It ultimately became the Action Bronson song "Actin Crazy," which appeared on his 2015 album Mr. Wonderful. 40 is credited as a songwriter and producer on the track alongside Omen and Antoine "AudioBLK" Baldwin.

Bronson responded online to the discourse about the clip and confirmed that other rappers wanted that beat too. "Why you think I'm out here acting crazy," he wrote in all caps. "HAHAHAHAH After I did the record I heard everyone and their mother wanted the beat. Never heard about Dot. I knew 50 and few others. Thank the heavens I made a banger."

Drake's "100 gigs" website offers fans more than just this glimpse of when Drake and Kendrick Lamar were on friendlier terms. The recent update includes extensive footage from 2013, capturing sessions for "Pound Cake" and other highlights from the Nothing Was the Same era.