Ace Combat 7 [PS4|XB1|PC] PS4 version Includes PSVR support

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
AC7-Announced-PS4.jpg

Bandai Namco announced Ace Combat 7 for PlayStation 4 with PlayStation VR support during the PlayStation Experience 2015 opening keynote.

Ace Combat 7 is developed on Unreal Engine 4 and leverages trueSKY technology to produce “beautifully rendered skies and highly detailed cityscapes” and set the stage for “the most engaging aerial battles in the franchise’s storied 20 year history.” It will feature campaign and multiplayer modes.

“It’s no small feat for any video game franchise to thrive over two decades; Ace Combat’s legacy lies in its tremendous quality and deep storytelling. With Ace Combat 7, we are planning on dominating the skies once again and delivering an unparalleled experience thanks to the PlayStation 4 technologies and to our team experience with their know-how!” said Hervé Hoerdt, VP of Marketing and Digital at Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe.

Read more at Ace Combat 7 announced for PS4

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Damn. If done right this could be really impressive. I haven't been all that interested in VR but I'd consider it for something like this.
Definitely. I think this is the perfect type of game for VR since you would be sitting down anyway. Just let you look around the cockpit and look behind you to see who is following you. This could work really well .

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

PS4 Exclusive Ace Combat 7’s Director Talks About Aircraft Lineup: Su-30, F-22 and More
usersync.aspx
GenericUserSync.ashx
p-Z8PuJEk6U7Hyq.gif
cfcm.ashx
casale

The Ace Combat series has always been about its large line-up of aircrafts with flyable ones reproducing those existing in the real world, and fictional behemoths to serve as enemies. Director Kazutoki Kono talked more about what we can expect in an interview released by Famitsu.

First of all, Kono-san explained that Ace Combat 7 will mark the debut in the series of the Su-30 Flanker-C, that never appeared before and was featured in the trailer. He personally likes the Su-27, Su-35 and Su-37, but since Ace Combat always featured only the one-seat versions of the Flanker series, he asked the team “Why don’t we do the Su-30 this time?” as he wanted to include the two-seat version.

He also commented on the F-22, mentioning that it’s representative of the idea of a fighter even among those that aren’t very interested in planes, so it’s definitely worthy of the position of “hero aircraft.” Its peculiar flat “stealth” shape make it look like a real fighter, as much as the F/A-18F does.

Asked whether aircrafts like the F-15 and the A-10 will be included, Kono-san answered that the team is working on a suitable-line up, and since they’re working on the latest hardware, they won’t diverge from the standards of the series.

Kono-san also talked about the fictional FAS airship that appears in the trailer guarding the orbital elevator. The widespread adoption of drones in the future is part of the themes of the game, so it has been included in the design. Kanno-san loves the design and the feel of the FAS, that is designed by Masato Kanno, who has worked on several Ace Combat games and will work as the Art Director for Ace Combat 7.

PS4 Exclusive Ace Combat 7’s Director Talks About Aircraft Lineup: Su-30, F-22 and More | DualShockers

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I can't wait for psvr, same with steamvr and oculus rift. This spring will be :blessed:

MidniteDejavu

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Looking forward to it. I really enjoyed part 4, 5 & 6 on the PS2. The one for the 360 and Assault horizon were mediocre.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ace Combat 7 rated for Xbox One in Taiwan
The Taiwan Game Software Rating Information board has rated Ace Combat 7 for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Ace Combat 7 has currently only been confirmed for release on PlayStation 4.

Ratings from the Taiwan Game Software Rating Information board are generally a reflection of what’s really happening on the publisher’s side. However, there was one rating for an Xbox One version of BlazBlue: Central Fiction in January 2016 that never actually happened. The game eventually launched in October for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, both of which were also rated.

Read more at Ace Combat 7 rated for Xbox One in Taiwan - Gematsu

Sony bout to lose another one :mjlol:

I need that PSVR in my life though :ohlawd:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Lost another one? Sony never said it was a PS4 exclusive.
That was my assumption when they announced it at the Playstation Experience in 2015. Either way it's just jokes. :yeshrug:
PSVR needs this and RE7 to be dope. I know it's still early in PSVR's lifespan but this new release drought is rough.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was my assumption when they announced it at the Playstation Experience in 2015. Either way it's just jokes. :yeshrug:
PSVR needs this and RE7 to be dope. I know it's still early in PSVR's lifespan but this new release drought is rough.
No, it's not just jokes. Don't ever make a joke like that again.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Ace Combat 7 No Longer a PS4 Exclusive, Now Coming to Xbox One and PC; New Trailer Released

Today, publisher Bandai Namco and developer Project Aces announced that Ace Combat 7 — now known fully as Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown — one of the PS4’s most prominent third party exclusive games, will no longer be a PS4 exclusive. The latest installment in the iconic series will now also be coming to Xbox One and PC as well.

As you may remember earlier this month, Taiwan Game Software Rating Information board leaked a rating for the game on Xbox One. Shortly after the leak, the Xbox One rating page was quickly taken down, while the PS4 one remained, making it appear like Bandai Namco was trying to cover a future announcement. And alas, it was.

Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing at Bandai Namco Entertainment America had the following to say about the announcement:

“We’re excited to announce our plans to bring the battle for air superiority in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown to Xbox One and Steam. With over 20 years of franchise history, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown continues to deliver authentic yet accessible flight combat action to gamers around the world. This latest version of the game delivers amazing visuals and intense gameplay, all wrapped in a unique and compelling storyline. We look forward to seeing players suit up, strap in, and take their place as ace pilots.”

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown notably was not only a PS4 exclusive, but a PlayStation VR exclusive. In regards to VR, it might still be a PS VR exclusive. However, now that the game is coming to PC as well, it could also come to either the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. Whether or not this will happen, is anyone’s best guess. At the moment, Bandai Namco hasn’t said anything about the game coming to additional VR platforms, but the door may be open now.

Lastly, a new trailer for the game, titled “New Years Showcase” has been released. You can check it out below:
Ace Combat 7 No Longer a PS4 Exclusive, Now Coming to Xbox One and PC; New Trailer Released

• Dap
Reactions: PS4