Above The Rim: A Lot Of Lives Were Destroyed From Shep's Lack Of Responsibility

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
Nusto - Died trying to live up to Shep's reputation
Eliza Shepard - Went to her grave believing in her deadbeat son
Birdie - Wanted to play basketball but didn't have the talent, and his brother never taught him, leaving him to fend for himself in the streets.
Flip - Died defending Shepard
Motaw - He was a soldier, he didn't even want to play basketball, Birdie's disgust for his brother drove him to order Motaw to kill Kyle.
Bugaloo - Most likely dead or in jail for believing in Kyle and trying to help him the best way he knew how, by introducing him to Birdie, Kyle had a change of heart after Bugaloo told him Birdie killed Flip. Flip died protecting Shep, and he was protecting Shep against Kyle, when all Shep had to do was share his past with Kyle and his mother, as she pointed out after Kyle's big game. Kyle's change of heart was a waste of Birdie's time and money which is why he threatened to kill Bugaloo or anyone who spoke to him. Bugaloo had to handle his business.

...if Shep owned up to his mistakes, and confronted his demon's all of these people's lives wouldn't have been altered, or ended.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
some very good potential smileys on the left and right :mjlol:

tumblr_nc0eh25jbK1tl9agao1_500.gif

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
Flip died for disrespecting Birdie, not for defending Shep.

Nutso committed that

Motaw was gonna end up dead or in jail anyway

Nobody forced Bugaloo to kill Birdie, he did that because Birdie gave him the :camby: and embarrassed him at the club

Flip WAS defending Shep from Kyle, facts. Then when Birdie intervened he put his business on the street, "ask Scarface over here, it's his brother".
Kyle's knowledge of Shep's skills on the court would have and did jeopardize Birdie's investment.

Nutso was trying to live up to Shep's reputation, it was said several times. "Are we even"?

Motaw died following orders, "soldiers, you gotta be soldiers".

Birdie told Bugaloo he was gonna kill him, and anyone caught talking to him ..."you gone, and anybody caught talking to this muthafukka is gone too".

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't remember Birdie threatning to kill Bugaloo,just that he was kicked out the crew,and so would anybody else:patrice:...But he had a number of reasons to be mad at Birdie rather it was the humiliation,or just being kicked out of the crew and not having nobody else with Kyle going off to college:mjcry:

End of the day its still Sheps fault:pachaha:....Maybe I just don't remember,but what was the reason Shep hated Birdie so much:ohhh:? Even when Birdie came to the graveyard to see him that bum Shep started off hostile.

I would think if you abandon your mother and little brother you would have a ounce of guilt,but nah not Shep:sas1:...He pretty much wrote Birdie off yet spent his time tryna save Kyle in order to get some puzzy...tormented by the death of Nutsos dumb uncareful azz,but not the death of your mama:what:?.....Jumpin in front of bullets for Kyle but was nowhere to be found when Birdie was getting shot in the chest:pachaha:

I always said Shep is the most unsympathetic character to have a movie focused around ever,he almost ruins the movie for me:scust:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
"Yo he's playing ball WITHOUT A BALL!:dwillhuh:
He look like he auditioning for the Twighlight Zone!":russ:

:russ: That entire scene with Bugaloo, Motaw, and Kyle in the whip was hilarious!!!

Motaw: (gets back in the whip after beating down the two runners) :jawalrus: Did you muthafukkas see that? :banderas: I'M A MUTHAFUKKIN SOLDIER, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?! :ufdup: NOW, DRIVE!!!

Bugaloo:
:usure: nikka, you need a role model. A hug, or somethin.

:mjlol::laff:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:russ: That entire scene with Bugaloo, Motaw, and Kyle in the whip was hilarious!!!

Motaw: (gets back in the whip after beating down the two runners) :jawalrus: Did you muthafukkas see that? :banderas: I'M A MUTHAFUKKIN SOLDIER, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?! :ufdup: NOW, DRIVE!!!

Bugaloo:
:usure: nikka, you need a role model. A hug, or somethin.

:mjlol::laff:
when they was watching Shep how Kyles face went from :russ: to :why:
like yo this brother got some real shyt going on right now