About Dr. Dre and Nipsey

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I wasn't a big fan of Nipsey but he left such a great west coast legacy I feel Snoop and Dre were left scratching their heads. Especially Dre. Nipsey asked him for a beat but never got one.

Then Dre posts up with a painting of him.

Nipsey left a real wife and kids, and incredibly dope music videos.

What was Dre working on in that time frame instead of taking Nipsey under his wing?

I feel in hindsight that would have been the perfect move for both Nipsey and Doctor Dre.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Can someone put me on to Nipsey's best albums and loose tracks/singles/rarities?

To this day while the real emcees I miss most are Prodigy and ODB - I feel Nipsey left the greatest rap legacy.

He was a west coast emcee. Done. He didn't venture too far off from Hip Hop.

Did someone kill clown Eric Holder?

Even if I saw him in public there would be problems.

For sure I'd scream that he's a clown, trash and a piece of shyt. Then we can see what's up from there. Scary shyt.

Blessings to all. R.i.p Nipsey.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well hindsight is 20/20 and even though what you're saying is correct we're judging things 10 - 15 years maybe even more after the fact.

Maybe Dre just didn't think Nip was that dope at the time. Love Nipsey but I can see it being a bit of an acquired taste...

In a way Dre made a little tribute posthumously by producing a track, something respectable in my book

Crumple

All Star
Daps
he took kendrick under his wing during that time

:manny:

working with dr dre is not an easy thing to do, i think him and kendrick, who is also a weirdo with his music and has hundreds of tracks in the vault, were the perfect combo.

Okay I can see that. Did Dre ever produce a full beat for Kendrick. All I remember is Dr. Dre! Featuring on Kendrick's album! But it be a Dr. Dre talking skit :martin:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I wasn't a big fan of Nipsey but he left such a great west coast legacy I feel Snoop and Dre were left scratching their heads. Especially Dre. Nipsey asked him for a beat but never got one.

What was Dre working on in that time frame instead of taking Nipsey under his wing?

I feel in hindsight that would have been the perfect move for both Nipsey and Doctor Dre.

Nipsey was openly anti Dre for a time while on the come up. Said he wasn't supporting the up and comers of that time on the west (blog era)

I think him and Snoop always had a great relationship though.

He grinded his way to his spot.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker

:ohhh:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Well hindsight is 20/20 and even though what you're saying is correct we're judging things 10 - 15 years maybe even more after the fact.

Maybe Dre just didn't think Nip was that dope at the time. Love Nipsey but I can see it being a bit of an acquired taste...

In a way Dre made a little tribute posthumously by producing a track, something respectable in my book

I can see that. Are you talking about the Diamond mind track?

It's produced by Dem Jointz, Dr. Dre, Mike & Keys & The Alchemist.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
he took kendrick under his wing during that time

:manny:

working with dr dre is not an easy thing to do, i think him and kendrick, who is also a weirdo with his music and has hundreds of tracks in the vault, were the perfect combo.

When though? Had to be around 2011 Section 80 days

I don't remember TDE having that Dre stamp during the OD and Kendrick Lamar EP days

Think Nip was making more noise at that time (bullets ain't got no name tapes) and hustle in the house single

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Nipsey was openly anti Dre for a time while on the come up. Said he wasn't supporting the up and comers of that time on the west (blog era)

I think him and Snoop always had a great relationship though.

He grinded his way to his spot.

Word - well for sure it's because Nipsey was hurt that Dre wouldn't work him.

So it sounds like Nipsey stood as a man and spoke his peice.

And now looking back, what does that look like?

It looks like a bit of an L for Dr. Dre.

Dre could have at least communicated with him.

That's why Snoop is great - he took care of that part for Dre and hi.self genuinely.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When though? Had to be around 2011 Section 80 days

I don't remember TDE having that Dre stamp during the OD and Kendrick Lamar EP days

Think Nip was making more noise at that time (bullets ain't got no name tapes) and hustle in the house single
i'm not sure what the question is

i assume kendrick was working with dre to some degree once he got to interscope

and heavily during the gkmc-compton days

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Can someone put me on to Nipsey's best albums and loose tracks/singles/rarities?

To this day while the real emcees I miss most are Prodigy and ODB - I feel Nipsey left the greatest rap legacy.

He was a west coast emcee. Done. He didn't venture too far off from Hip Hop.

Did someone kill clown Eric Holder?

Even if I saw him in public there would be problems.

For sure I'd scream that he's a clown, trash and a piece of shyt. Then we can see what's up from there. Scary shyt.

Blessings to all. R.i.p Nipsey.

RIP Nipsey :mjcry:

Last edited: