Ab Cramps during Workout

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
:why: Yo anybody have this happen? If so, how did you fix that?

It started Saturday when I was playing basketball. Then again today when I was doing some core exercises.:damn:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
:why: Yo anybody have this happen? If so, how did you fix that?

It started Saturday when I was playing basketball. Then again today when I was doing some core exercises.:damn:
Drink more water before your workout.
You should be drinking maybe 60 to 80 ounces of water throughout the day. Powerade and Gatorade are useful to drink during your workout, but that's if you are sweating profusely, like playing 100% in a basketball game in a hot gym, or running 5 miles in hot weather. If it's not that hot, you can just drink water.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
I appreciate it. It ended up working out. I have enough potassium but I was lacking on the water. I usually bring water to work with me to drink during the day. I realized the week I was getting the cramps was the same week I kept forgetting to take my water to work with me, so my daily intake dropped.

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
I get cramps too, and it's because a loss of salt when I sweat, I think. So I eat some himalayan pink salt (from what I've reasearched this is the healthiest salt in the world) before and during my basketball games. Gatorade almost always if not always helps me with cramps. But I know gatorade is very processed and unnatural and not healthy at all. I also have been drinking coconut water, which is like a natural/healthy version of gatorade.
Also, don't over do it. Listen to your body. Also eat a diet full of super foods and healthy drinks in moderation. Also, water is the healthiest drink in the world, but it also doesn't have the eloctrolytes you need when you sweat. You need to replace those electolytes. You can die of water inoxication, from drinking too much water. Moderation is key.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Himalayan Crystal Salt - the Purest Salt on Earth

Last edited:

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
Lately just bottled water and crushed (powdered) Himalayan pink salt has been working wonderfully for me (avoiding cramps period/anywhere on my body) while and after playing basketball Alhamdulillaah (all of the praise is for the One True God).