AAA titles are cool but I prefer simpler gaming experiences

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Everyone has a few AAA genres is what I'll call it. FPS titles, sports, RPG's.
What I cannot do is play only those types of games. I don't like committing alot of time towards gaming because in reality you will never become rich if you don't allocate your time wisely :francis: For me personally, I'm more interested in making a million dollars by 2020 than I am reaching 100k in gamerscore :yeshrug:

So for me, I want jump in them jump out games that won't punish me if I take a month off. These games tend to be evolutions of the 16-bit era. Like, when the ps1 arrived it brought shytty 3D. If those same developers had the tools we have today? Games like Super Mega Baseball 2 would have been created.

Speedrunners

Death squared

Phantom dust

Ori

Peggle 1-2

Pinball fx3

Hidden in plain sight (Xbox indie title)

A ton of other games that are basically console versions of cell phone games. I love(d) 2K but the lack of evolution is depressing. And all they care about is finding ways to get more money without changing anything :snoop: people are quick to talk about Madden but 2k is out Madden'ing Madden.

And while I love some AAA franchises, I find myself on lesser known more often, mainly because of the lack of commitments. Anyone else going thru something similar?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I've been team casual/indie for a while now.

I'm actually worried about Hitman 2 because I loved how tight the first one was. Short missions you can finish in a variety of ways instead of slogging through hours looking for some fukking potion :camby:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
The backlogs I'm seeing on this site and everywhere are crazy. The premium day 1 buyers who are gamers no lie, but not hardcore gamers, and have fams, work, a life, and depending on their moods would cause them to drift right off a game if there's dull periods within the game like a grinding period or boss that's constantly whooping you. I try to keep my higher budgeted games limited.

indie games come into play for those people and give breath of fresh air for those would come home from work maybe, or even at work and just play for a bit, and then put it down for a bit, and be able to come back and immediately dive right back in, and get right into things.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The backlogs I'm seeing on this site and everywhere are crazy. The premium day 1 buyers who are gamers no lie, but not hardcore gamers, and have fams, work, a life, and depending on their moods would cause them to drift right off a game if there's dull periods within the game like a grinding period or boss that's constantly whooping you. I try to keep my higher budgeted games limited.

indie games come into play for those people and give breath of fresh air for those would come home from work maybe, or even at work and just play for a bit, and then put it down for a bit, and be able to come back and immediately dive right back in, and get right into things.
Bruh, I have 350 games installed on my Xbox with about 600gb still left. I have a ton of games I don't have installed because I don't care to have them installed. This is just my Xbox backlog, my Sony and Nintendo backlogs consist of games I do and don't own yet. With new games coming out weekly I realize I'll never get to them all. Even if I had the time I'd rather use that time changing the world :manny: or maybe I'll make a sandwich but this time I'll add spinach, tomato, AND salt & pepper :whew:

If I narrowed down my backlog to just "must plays" I'm sure there is 100 STRONG titles I could dive into. The last Mario i played besides new super Mario was Mario Galaxy 2 :sadcam:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The worst thing about the last generation is it became triple A games or bust.

If it wasn't for steam I really wonder where gaming would be.

ps2/xbox generation was the last gen that consoles got a load of random games that weren't trying to be triple A games

Granted alot of games now just go mobile that probably would just be random consoles games... As mobile games make bread

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
And while I love some AAA franchises, I find myself on lesser known more often, mainly because of the lack of commitments. Anyone else going thru something similar?​

yup, it's part of growing up. we dont' have time to dedicate to playing these long ass games like we did before. i'm like you, i'd rather hop in and out of a game. i'd also like to play something that I can master. for those reasons i find myself playing a lot of single player games. i used to be heavy into the fgc , bought a stick, and would practice combos and shyt all day. but the reality is that it's not a good use of my time if I want to make money.​

GhostBreh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
Don't know what you guys are talking about. I drop in and out of AAA games all the time. Sure after a month or two I'd have forgotten the controls but one quick peek at the options menu and I'm right back in it on the harder difficulty settings too.

I STILL haven't finished the new God Of War and I copped it the week it was released. :francis::mjlol:

:mjcry:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Bruh, I have 350 games installed on my Xbox with about 600gb still left. I have a ton of games I don't have installed because I don't care to have them installed. This is just my Xbox backlog, my Sony and Nintendo backlogs consist of games I do and don't own yet. With new games coming out weekly I realize I'll never get to them all. Even if I had the time I'd rather use that time changing the world :manny: or maybe I'll make a sandwich but this time I'll add spinach, tomato, AND salt & pepper :whew:

If I narrowed down my backlog to just "must plays" I'm sure there is 100 STRONG titles I could dive into. The last Mario i played besides new super Mario was Mario Galaxy 2 :sadcam:
How big is your hard drive? Gears of War 4 takes damn near 100 gigs!!