A.V. The REALEST Since Kumbaya

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
I'ma just leave this here :wow:

I was 19, [2006] on the run & recording for a mixtape while doing radio shows, live performances & running with a crew who eventually ratted me out to detectives, all except for my right hand man SEVEN, who happened to come up with 50 in Queens, one of his many shooters. (He's doing 25 yrs. at the moment with 13 left. No incriminating my man, u nerds.)

Before any of the convictions or double crossing, I was trying to get right with this rap shyt...Still in the streets heavy. I wasn't feeling how everyone was glamorizing gang culture and claiming to be bloods all a sudden & felt like these cats were giving it a bad name, so I put this shyt together.

980k views on YouTube from just AUDIO.

Tru Life/Dipset mention in Verse One.

Eventually saw Rell @LaGuardia flying to Philly & ran down for dolo, he had a fat bodyguard and some gay nikka with him but the look on his face said he ain't want no static.

Someone (no clue who, to this day) I don't even know uploaded the song off one of my mixtapes from 06, before I did that stretch in prison from 07-2012, and added a video :russ:

nikkas e beefing in the comments :mjlol:

Funny how time changes and reveals things to you...Me & Tru been back and forth for 2 months now, building. It all started from him & Bleu DaVinci hitting my line the same day, hours apart...

Screenshot_2016-06-15-17-23-01.png

Now a nikka on the move again, but what will I do with it this time around?

:lupe:

Meanwhile @TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY on here for shyts & giggles.

:why:

#TheAVLP​

A.V.

Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
First page :wow:

let me mention @koven since i need him to enrich my blackballed music career...

340x240px-LL-70981b10_MJST.gif

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
@A.V. I think its dope that you speak on things in your songs. Not just telling us how awesome you are or how gangsta you are, you are actually putting your opinions out there.

I understand the gangs, it is was more nuanced than most people understand but the glorification of it, by people who are not even forced into that life because of say their neighborhood/relative/friends, is something I shake my head at.

I come from a city where when I was younger people were legit afraid to wear red or blue. Imagine being so afraid you wouldn't let your son wear his favorite baseball teams hat....

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
@A.V. I think its dope that you speak on things in your songs. Not just telling us how awesome you are or how gangsta you are, you are actually putting your opinions out there.

I understand the gangs, it is was more nuanced than most people understand but the glorification of it, by people who are not even forced into that life because of say their neighborhood/relative/friends, is something I shake my head at.

I come from a city where when I was younger people were legit afraid to wear red or blue. Imagine being so afraid you wouldn't let your son wear his favorite baseball teams hat....

i feel it:francis:

A.V.

Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang

:salute:

When I moved to VA back in the day (nikkas get busy everywhere, but certain spots you'll see nikkas perpetrating where it don't belong), I seen nikkas banging like :dwillhuh:

:why:

Me & Seven fukked around trying to show some wannabe crip nikkas how to move correct and cowards who flew the same colors was the ones who did us in.

I'm not even gonna get into politics bc I been inactive since '09. But for the most part, this whole shyt goofy now all across the board. Ideals & formations that stemmed from movements like The Panthers are the same ones being fought against by movements like The Panthers today.

Let that marinate, young nikkas :mindblown:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Know all about that...nikkas getting killed over 30 dollar starter jackets, shyt is/was too real to even play around about it for some fukkin record sales.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member

Know all about that...nikkas getting killed over 30 dollar starter jackets, shyt is/was too real to even play around about it for some fukkin record sales.

Exactly, getting robbed for Raiders/Dodgers/Lakers starter jackets or Jordan's was a regular occurrence in LA and obviously in tons of other cities.

Though I am a bit torn between having rappers talk on real life things, gangs are obviously a real thing, and not try to make it sound over the top or "Cool"