A single cosmetic pack in Diablo IV will be $28

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems Blizzard is going the Diablo Immortal route with MTX for this game :scusthov:

Diablo IV's in-game shop offers us a variety of cosmetic items. The developers make sure that players buy these items because they like them and not because they feel they need them for the game. The shop therefore does not offer any items that give us a playful advantage (Pay2Win). The accessories and skins to be purchased have purely cosmetic aspects and are used for transmogrification.

Some of the Prices in the Diablo IV cosmetic shop have leaked earlier:

Platinum is the currency for items in the Diablo IV Shop. We get them through real money purchases, as well as rewards with the paid Premium Battle Pass.
500 Platinum - $4.99
1000 Platinum - $9.99
2800 Platinum - $24.99
5700 Platinum - $49.99
11500 Platinum - $99.99

A Necromancer Set (Below) is 2800 Platinum Points, previous screenshots shown this set as 666 Platinum Points (around $6.00):

ok-with-cosmetic-cash-shop-but-28-for-one-set-v0-auqx4seq503b1.png

472654_diablo-iv-11500-platinum.png

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We can only imagine how much the expansions are going to cost.

Blizzard are crazy with their pricing structure for this game. $70 price of entry, battle pass, paid expansions and an in-game real money shop? fukk all that. They can keep D4.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We can only imagine how much the expansions are going to cost.

Blizzard are crazy with their pricing structure for this game. $70 price of entry, battle pass, paid expansions and an in-game real money shop? fukk all that. They can keep D4.

I feel like you gotta pick one way to monetize your game and commit to it,

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel like you gotta pick one way to monetize your game and commit to it,
Yep. And that's why I like Grind Gear Games' approach. There's no cost of entry to Path of Exile and that is support by having an in-game shop or selling supporter packs. Their supporter packs come with the equivalent amount of points that can be used in the shop too. I think that's a more attractive model that encourages spending without blocking things off. I've purchased several over the years myself because of that.