A question for the Boston heads

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
So I had to head out to Massachusetts this weekend for a birthday party. Figured since I was gonna be there a while I decided to stay at a hotel near Logan airport (orient heights?) and do the tourist thing the next day with the kids. I don’t know nothing about Boston, other than the stereotypical, it’s full of Irish drunks and bars. Either way I spent time around the New England aquarium area by the water, Faneuil marketplace and copped some lobster rolls at James Cook & Co. I spent a few hours walking around and God damn I could count the number of black folks with one hand :what: . Yall segregated like that? So I gotta go to Roxbury to see black folk? shyt man if I’m walking around Times Square or any super touristy place in NYC you always get a nice mix of people. Not gonna lie, Boston is a beautiful city and looks clean from what I saw but very disturbing the lack of diversity.

As a side note it was legitimately repulsed seeing people walking around with green celtics jerseys and green shorts and shyt. Even if I lived out there I don’t know how the hell I could root for the local teams. :hubie:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Extremely segregated

Black people are in Dorchester, Mattapan, Roxbury, Jamaican Plain but it’s not even a lot in those areas it’s actually not a bad city to kick in but you basically have to treat it like a college town. Also there are spots that blacks frequent in Chinatown/downtown, that’s water I used to go but I used to have fun in Cambridge too

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s segregated but there’s no lack of diversity it is demographically similar to NYC.

Boston is a small city though compared to NYC.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
When it comes to dealing with bigoted Whites & other minorities, Boston is the home of passive, docile Blacks. :mjpls:

Daps
Should’ve reached out to Coli before or even DURING your trip.

Fanueil Hall is for tourists so I can’t vouch for that, but other parts of the city from the Seaport to Fenway to downtown absolutely have Black people around. Hell there was a whole block party at downtown crossing yesterday.

I dunno how to post Instagram links, but just check the recent reels on this account:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
There’s a huge black presence in Boston. But if you not from here you won’t know. We congregate at very certain places. If you want to pop out at night hit my DMs and I’ll let you know where. nikka there was a huge block party yesterday on summer st full of black ppl but if you not tapped in, you dead ass wouldn’t know where or when it was

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Should’ve reached out to Coli before or even DURING your trip.

Fanueil Hall is for tourists so I can’t vouch for that, but other parts of the city from the Seaport to Fenway to downtown absolutely have Black people around. Hell there was a whole block party at downtown crossing yesterday.

I dunno how to post Instagram links, but just check the recent reels on this account:

Damn my cousin was telling me to head out to seaport too. I heard traffic is horrific in Boston so I took the blue line train from Orient heights to Aquarium. When I got off I saw a bunch of touristy shyt so I figured fukk it and began to explore. Just shocking at the lack of black folk I saw but I guess I shoulda just kept going to seaport or just reached out to Coli fam. Damn I was out in the area yesterday too and I woulda fukked with that vibe.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
There’s a huge black presence in Boston. But if you not from here you won’t know. We congregate at very certain places. If you want to pop out at night hit my DMs and I’ll let you know where. nikka there was a huge block party yesterday on summer st full of black ppl but if you not tapped in, you dead ass wouldn’t know where or when it was
This is facts, a random Saturday I said let me go over to Roxbury and ran into a lit situation last summer, also Boston has some beautiful women especially if your into extoicals then damn Cape Verdeans

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I started going out to bean town some years ago; can't relate to this experience.

I met a lot of cool brehs from Africa 2.