A GoFundMe Has Been Started For Actor John Amos (James From Good Times); Daughter Says He's Fallen Victim to Elder Abuse & Financial Exploitation

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
Care & Support for John Amos "America's Dad"

In November of last year, my dad and I created a video togetherβ€”a cherished moment forever etched in my heart. Little did I know that our lives would soon take a devastating turn. On May 14th of this year, I received a distressing call from my dad, who was hospitalized far away in Memphis, Tennessee.

Though I was out of the country, we managed a brief FaceTime conversation before his pain became too unbearable. Desperate, I reached out to a family friend, who flew to Memphis while I prepared to join them. What we found shattered our world: my dad fighting for his life in the ICU.

During the following weeks, my family and I unraveled a horrifying truthβ€”my dad had fallen victim to elder abuse and financial exploitation. Determined to seek justice, we a are working closely with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations and the local Sheriff's Department in my father's home state.

To catch and prosecute the alleged perpetrators, we now require legal assistance, hoping they face the full weight of the law. Meanwhile, our priority remains my father's medical needs and providing him a safe haven. His home had been violated, stripped of anything valuable.

The cruelty inflicted upon my dad leaves me questioning what kind of human could commit such acts. Yet, we hold onto hope that justice will prevail. Every penny raised will be entrusted to a special fund for my father, dedicated solely to his care, legal fees, and aftercare.

John, affectionately known as "America's Dad," has unfortunately fallen victim to elder abuse and fiduciary exploitation, and we are in immediate need of resources to cover his legal expenses, long-term care, ongoing medical treatment, and the costs associated with his recent hospitalization in another state away from home.

The combination of his current hospitalization, unstable housing situation, and health challenges indicates a daunting road to recovery ahead. Additionally, family members are required to travel and stay near the hospital to ensure his well-being. Your support is crucial in helping us provide the necessary care and support for John during this challenging time.

Your Support Makes a Difference: Your generous contribution is crucial in securing justice for John Amos and providing him with the care he deserves. Together, as John's family and closest friends, let us help him overcome this traumatic experience, restore peace and security, and send a powerful message against elder abuse.

With a legendary career spanning over 50 years, John Amos has captivated audiences with his exceptional talent. From his iconic role as the beloved father, James, in "Good Times," to his unforgettable portrayal of Kunta Kinte in "Roots," John's contributions to the entertainment industry are immeasurable. He has graced over 200 TV shows and films, including his roles as Percy Fitzwallace in "The West Wing," the hilarious McDowell in "Coming to America 1 & 2," and his recent appearance alongside Kevin Hart and Mark Wahlberg in "Me Time."

KingsOfKings

Daps
Hella sad man

KingsOfKings

Daps

KingsOfKings

Daps
So his longtime friend has a POA for him. KC claims he was denied entry on Father’s Day and police were called.