A Different World

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Watching it on TVOne right now

What was or is your favorite season of A Different World?

Season 1 was rather boring to me

Season 2 is where the show picked up and was a whole lot better.

I think season 2 and season 3 was the peak era of the show.

But it's been so long since I've watched every season I don't remember every single episode; I don't think watched every episode since it was on the 90's actually.

But yeah, what was your favorite season of A Different World

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
One of my favorite shows ever. I think seasons 4 and 5 were probably my favorite, because those were the ones where Dwayne and Whitley's relationship really culminated, crashed, and crescendoed again with one of the all time great season finales.

Debbie Allen came in immediately and realized that their relationship was the backbone of the show, while still developing and growing all the other characters around them as well. It was real life college progression with a good balance of comedy and reality.

My wife and I just binged it again last year when on lock down and it was cool to experience some of our favorite episodes together. Even my kids ended up loving it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I used to watch it as a kid….. but as an adult who went to the number 1 HBCU with my Adult HBCU Graduate Eyes. I’m gonna have to go back and watch this show. I’m sure my perspective is gonna be much different now and I will enjoy it more.

#AGGIEPRIDE

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm one of the few that always liked season 1. It pretty much matches the feel of Freshman Yr of college, and I knew sooooooo many like Denise. As soon as I got to college, I was like "welp, there goes Denise Huxtable" Of course, they didn't make it to Soph Year. Hell, some didn't make it to Spring Semester. In real time, I watched it faithfully, even when The Cosby Show was no longer must-see TV for me.

When I was younger, I never understood the Dwayne/Whitley pairing. As an adult, it makes even less sense now. They were horrible for each other. Ron/Kim and Jalisa/Walter were much more authentic...at least from pairing and chemistry. Hell, Ron continued the trend with driven intellectual opposites with Freddie