A Black girl is the youngest published author in U.S. history

Daps
Here is the book:

Anaya Willibus is youngest published author

Anaya Willibus is the Youngest Published Author in US History
Posted by : soulreflectionz March 2nd, 2016 Leave a comment In Black Culture, celebrate, Featured Home, Inspiration 102 views 0
“I prefer traditional books (over Kindle or Nook books) because of the beauty of turning the pages.”

One would imagine that the above quote came directly from the mouth of an English professor. In reality, it came from a nine-year-old.

Anaya Willibus, though, is no ordinary nine-year-old. According to her parents, she ran before walking as a baby, and read her first book at the ripe old age of two. Now, she has written and published her first book, making her the youngest published author in U.S. history.

The book, entitled The Day Mohan Found His Confidence, is about one young boy’s efforts to strike a balance between his life at home and his life at school.

“I like to read all genres of books,” Willibus said in an interview with NY Daily News. “I love both reading and writing. They both have something that I love in them.”

Among the young author’s favorite books are women’s rights activist Malala Yousafzai’s I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban, and Barack Obama’s Dream from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

Seeing a young girl of African descent become a published author so early in her life is literally seeing a dream come true. I began writing poems and short stories at age six, but at that time, my family could not afford a computer, let alone come out of pocket to have any of my poems or stories published. I dreamed of a day when a young black girl would be able to live that dream, and that day has arrived. The black community looks forward to great things from Anaya.

By: Danielle Dixon

Follow her on Twitter: @tooprettydani