90's R&B made simping SO COOL :wow:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It was simping, but there was such an art to it. :ahh:
Much like the art of sensual bedroom songs has been lost in the profanity of current R&B, the 90's era simp songs were more or less very polite ways of telling a girl :childplease:"Girl, yo man ain't sh*t....you need to get w/ me"

Songs like this just made you want to put on a :cape:

I would say Joe was probably the master at this. Damn near every song he had he was stealing someones girl :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
this is back when brehs cared about their women, now brehs disrespect all black women just because some rapper said so

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fukk these hoes. :smugdraper: 90's Hard on hoes music was even better.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
90s R&B

1049.gif

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
Then my man came and shut that shyt down

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w]Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO] - YouTube[/ame]

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
lol yes it did....esp. if you were in middle school when Jagged Edge, Dru Hill, 112, Ginuwine....I want to say i learned more about sex and women, relationships from r&b then i did from my parents or school...for better or worse lol.

A 90's r&b thread will never get tired to me, I'm always asking girls I meet what they listened to in middle school/high school so we can find some common ground, and I can find someone who loves the music the way I did...

'He Can't Love You', 'Lets Get Married', 'Only You', 'Differences' (2002 but same thing) 'Wifey'...those are all romantic/borderline simp songs but as a kid, we had to balance it out...because at the same time I'm loving these girls in my class through music, I'm listening to Jay, DMX, Ja Rule, Hot Boys, Mobb Deep, WC, Kurupt, The Lox, let us not forget the misgony of 'Can I Get A', 'Big Pimpin', a kid like me grew up hearing 'fukk these bytches I don't love these hoes' before I had my first kiss....theres something wrong with that as a way to grow up lol

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
It's about time, bytch. Kick him out.

We been down since '92. It's still my sheeit, bytch.