84 percent of the fat lost is through our breath, while 16 percent of it is lost via water.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
In truth, human fat cells are made up of triglycerides, which are molecules made of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. When you metabolize fat in your body, the waste products are released as carbon dioxide when you exhale, and water when you excrete body fluids in urine, sweat or tears. Metabolizing those triglycerides involves a complex set of biochemical steps, but the co-authors summarize the process with this formula: C55H104O6+78O2→55CO2+52H2O+energy.

But Meerman and Brown took the calculations one step further and found that 84 percent of the fat lost is through our breath, while 16 percent of it is lost via water.

"Our calculations show that the lungs are the primary excretory organ for fat,” wrote Meerman and biochemistry professor Andrew Brown at the University of New South Wales in their study. "Losing weight requires unlocking the carbon stored in fat cells, thus reinforcing that often heard refrain of 'eat less, move more.’"

"None of this biochemistry is new, but for unknown reasons it seems nobody has thought of performing these calculations before,” they added in a press release. "The quantities make perfect sense but we were surprised by the numbers that popped out." Their findings were published in the typically quirky Christmas issue of the BMJ.

But just because fat leaves the body as air, it doesn’t mean that weight loss is as easy as breathing. Nor does it mean that upping your aerobic exercise will make you breathe harder and thus exhale more fat. The authors note that their calculations show that “physical activity as a weight loss strategy is, therefore, easily foiled by relatively small quantities of excess food.”

But anyone who’s ever struggled with weight loss already knew that!

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Interesting stuff, though I dont see how this advocates physical activity over eating. One way or another, if you are using more than you are taking in, your body will metabolize available fat stores.

I have found for me personally that physical activity aids in weight loss more than calorie cutting. My body can run all the way down to like 1500kcal/day, I was probably like 130-140lbs in high school.

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
agreed, exercise is crazily underrated. you have these people doing Paleo vegan starvation type diets, but you ask them if they considered exercise... and they give you a blank stare. people are lazy as fukk.

Mosé de La Rogeuz

Inquisitor
Daps
i was one of those lazy dieters who cut off their calorie consumption but continued with their lack of exercise aside from a little activity for about 5-10 minutes a day.
im turning a new leaf over, im starting to exercise 30 minutes two times a day and cut off my food consumption.
by Jan 30 I'll be down to 10 pounds I hope.

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
I find it strange (other than for the purposes of gaining grants and/or selling publications or dietary products) that people are constantly claiming to have found THE WAY to maintain one's weight, physique, etc.

It seems to me that the vast majority of one's individual weight loss/gain or physique has to do with genetics. Depending on one's genetics and body type, one can employ some combination of diet/exercise in order to reach that goal. For some, running is plenty. Others need weights to be "in shape." This, of course, raises the point that we don't share a common perception of what "in shape" even means.

As for me: I try to get in the gym about 3-4 days a week (lately it's been closer to 3). pretty much weights only (upper/lower split). But, the amount of beer and chicken wings I consume should logically have me much fatter than I am (I'm 37; about 35 lbs heavier than when I was 22 when I never picked up a weight... maybe 2 pants sizes bigger) ... of course, the other side of this coin is that I'm never going to be able to grow enough to "be big." And I'll probably never bench/squat/dead much more than say 250/315/315 (these aren't my numbers now -- my 4-5 rep numbers are probably 225/295/295).

I now realize I may have typed all this for no reason, because it's probably what all of you (and everyone) already know, or should. And I get that these studies attempt to do the most good for the most people (or that's the intent they express). But it seems like these things are constantly de-bunking one another, then suggesting the fitness pendulum must swing back their way. I can't understand why people don't see the pattern.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm fat so I know losing weight is not easy, but fat people need to get fukking for real. Yo, it's no reason you should ever allow yourself to get big enough that can't fukking fit into an airplane seat without spilling over. Yes, you look dumb complaining about the sizing of seats or having to shop at a plus size store when you're not having a cheat meal, but a whole cheat life. Get out of here. You're a victim to your diet and you have control over that.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I find it strange (other than for the purposes of gaining grants and/or selling publications or dietary products) that people are constantly claiming to have found THE WAY to maintain one's weight, physique, etc.

It seems to me that the vast majority of one's individual weight loss/gain or physique has to do with genetics. Depending on one's genetics and body type, one can employ some combination of diet/exercise in order to reach that goal. For some, running is plenty. Others need weights to be "in shape." This, of course, raises the point that we don't share a common perception of what "in shape" even means.

As for me: I try to get in the gym about 3-4 days a week (lately it's been closer to 3). pretty much weights only (upper/lower split). But, the amount of beer and chicken wings I consume should logically have me much fatter than I am (I'm 37; about 35 lbs heavier than when I was 22 when I never picked up a weight... maybe 2 pants sizes bigger) ... of course, the other side of this coin is that I'm never going to be able to grow enough to "be big." And I'll probably never bench/squat/dead much more than say 250/315/315 (these aren't my numbers now -- my 4-5 rep numbers are probably 225/295/295).

I now realize I may have typed all this for no reason, because it's probably what all of you (and everyone) already know, or should. And I get that these studies attempt to do the most good for the most people (or that's the intent they express). But it seems like these things are constantly de-bunking one another, then suggesting the fitness pendulum must swing back their way. I can't understand why people don't see the pattern.

To be honest I have to agree that shyt is largely genetics.

Personally, I never go to the gym and eat whatever I feel like eating at the time. Yet, I'm pushing 30 and still only weigh like 155 (same I did in high school). I know plenty of people who exercise more than me (ie. at all) and are way more restrictive about what they eat and yet struggle with their weight. So I certainly can't look down on anybody when I'm not doing anything in particular other than just not being genetically prone to weight gain.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
To be honest I have to agree that shyt is largely genetics.

Personally, I never go to the gym and eat whatever I feel like eating at the time. Yet, I'm pushing 30 and still only weigh like 155 (same I did in high school). I know plenty of people who exercise more than me (ie. at all) and are way more restrictive about what they eat and yet struggle with their weight. So I certainly can't look down on anybody when I'm not doing anything in particular other than just not being genetically prone to weight gain.

It's genetics to a degree but relative all the same.

The exercise they are doing might not be the right format to achieve what they want. Diet wise unless you know every single thing they eat only they really know.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
i was one of those lazy dieters who cut off their calorie consumption but continued with their lack of exercise aside from a little activity for about 5-10 minutes a day.
im turning a new leaf over, im starting to exercise 30 minutes two times a day and cut off my food consumption.
by Jan 30 I'll be down to 10 pounds I hope.
Damn, how somebody get banned in less than a week?:dwillhuh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I'm fat so I know losing weight is not easy, but fat people need to get fukking for real. Yo, it's no reason you should ever allow yourself to get big enough that can't fukking fit into an airplane seat without spilling over. Yes, you look dumb complaining about the sizing of seats or having to shop at a plus size store when you're not having a cheat meal, but a whole cheat life. Get out of here. You're a victim to your diet and you have control over that.
Actually losing weight is easy. You just don't have the willpower, motivation, etc to do what is necessary to lose it. Your friends/family most of them probably fat and or enablers too. If you truly want to do it its pretty easy but that decision to lose the weight is on you.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually losing weight is easy. You just don't have the willpower, motivation, etc to do what is necessary to lose it. Your friends/family most of them probably fat and or enablers too. If you truly want to do it its pretty easy but that decision to lose the weight is on you.
Thats a very subjective post. If it was as easy as you post, then the US wouldnt be so obese. Im positive 90% of obese individuals want to be slimmer, and yet they struggle.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Thats a very subjective post. If it was as easy as you post, then the US wouldnt be so obese. Im positive 90% of obese individuals want to be slimmer, and yet they struggle.
Bullshyt and it is easy. I just explained the hard part. You bust your ass for three months lifting weights, running, other excercise, and eating right you really think your not going to look markedly better? You are on that shyt if you think otherwise. 90% of people want to be a lot of things but like I said do they really put in the work? That's the hard part like I said not the actual losing of weight. I thought I already explained this the first time guess not.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
Hes right. Losing weight is simply mind over matter. If you're overweight its cuz you eat too much and don't get enough exercise period. All you have to do is stop eating, start moving. Will be literally impossible for your body to hold onto extra fat. Losing weight is so simple a ten year old can do it.

Obese individuals are just lazy or 0 willpower.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I watched a video and the guy was saying even if its just standing up more at home your burning calories. One day i found a song so hype I was jumping uo and down all over my living room, man my calves were killing me the next day.... That really didn't have anything to do with anything. I was getting busy to that song for almost an hour :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: GZR