80s and early 90s Hiphop will be damn near Extinct in 20 years.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
70s and 80s baby are really the only ones keeping that old school hiphop alive.

80s babies are in there 40s now and we're pretty much the last generation that grew up on Pac, Biggie and remember Bone and when Snoop first dropped. And that's early 80s.

These newer generations know a few old hits, but they never read Source and Murder Dog and busted the plastic on a new CD or cassette first day it dropped. And listen to the entire album and read the booklet.

Even down here in Louisiana, the 20 somethings don't really know how significant 400 Degreez and Ghetto Dope is and never will. They know nothing of Scarface and 8ball and MJG. I'm pretty sure it's like this all over. Correct me if i'm wrong, but do the youngins still want to hear Slick Rick in the club in NYC??

Problem is the OG DJs are retiring from the parties. So in 10 years or so, who;s going to be keeping the early 90s, late 80s music alive. Honestly I can't tell you the last time I heard Run DMC in the club when I lived on the East Coast.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I guess you can't blame the artist and DJs for making everything old seem wack. Even humans. :snoop:

Hiphop turning into an young man's game was the worst thing that could of happened. I'm older enough to remember Snoop, Jay-Z and Pac dressing like OG gangsters. Rapping like Bosses.

Daps
"Scenario" had one of the biggest crowd reactions at Busta's show the other night :lupe:

I went through a phase where I didn't like a lot of the 80s lingo (sounded dated to me), but I grew out of it.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I'm sure the old heads in the 80s and 90s were saying the same thing about Billy Eckstine, Julia Lee, The Ink Spots, Charles Brown, Bullmoose Jackson, Amos Milburn, Louis Jordan, Clyde Mcphatter and Lloyd Price.

Now if you read those names and don't have a clue who those names are then I proved my point.

Last edited: