[8/5/23] AEW Collision: Punk vs. Starks - Real World Championship w/ Ricky SteamGOAT as ref; Tag and TBS title defenses; Hear from the Acclaimed

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Since it's

mgid:arc:imageassetref:mtv.com:d43ef383-8097-4036-aebf-ff89c0a9daab

Championship, Miz might have a route to becoming #1 Contender. fukk needs a Forbidden Door?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'll be watching this and Summerslam at the same time

Chances are the Punk vs Starks match will be on like middle of the Summerslam card and during a Wireless Cricket Skittles Slim Jim KFC 10 minute recap so I wont miss anything

Cognito

All Star
Daps
Is it me or does Ricky Starks look way smaller than he’s seems legit 6/5’11 ft when faced up to MJF/Jerichobloat in promos but looks smaller while wrestling

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think this is a case where they should start the main event early and just have Starks/Punk cook. That's their best chance vs. SummerSlam and it will be happening prior to Roman vs. Jey Uso

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think this is a case where they should start the main event early and just have Starks/Punk cook. That's their best chance vs. SummerSlam and it will be happening prior to Roman vs. Jey Uso

SummerSlam will probably start with Ricochet vs Logan Paul because Logan needs to hop on a plane & make it for his brother's fight against Nate Diaz tonight. That'll be a hard match to go against because Rico & Logan will probably deliver.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don't think they should layout their entire show to encourage viewers to leave early. This is the same kind of stupid ass booking they do on Dynamite all the time and why the main event frequently craters in the quarterlies.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Just like I thought last year when they had that super long PPV because they didn't want to have the main event going up against that Game 7. Reward the people that are watching. If people don't want to watch it live then they can watch it later. And if they don't watch it later, then they were never were going to watch it to begin with.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
SummerSlam will probably start with Ricochet vs Logan Paul because Logan needs to hop on a plane & make it for his brother's fight against Nate Diaz tonight. That'll be a hard match to go against because Rico & Logan will probably deliver.

Nah I mean start the main event during the 9:00 ET hour and just let them cook through a couple commercial breaks. Punk can work methodical.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Nah I mean start the main event during the 9:00 ET hour and just let them cook through a couple commercial breaks. Punk can work methodical.
You want Punk in the ring for an hour? :picard:

Or are you suggesting Punk vs. Starks not actually be the booked main event? As in last segment of the night, not this whole multi-main event nonsense that has recently become a thing to stroke everyone's ego.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Also only 3 matches and one promo segment (the Acclaimed) announced so far with Bullet Club Gold nowhere to be found. Wonder if the opening segment will be setting up another match?