[7/24/24] AEW Dynamite: Blood! Guts! Returns! Murder Grandpa! New Champ Speaks! And Maybe Guitars?!

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Live from Nashville, it's a special AEW Dynamite featuring the annual Blood & Guts match. So far only one other match and segment have been announced for Dynamite, but we'll see what gets announced soon.

Blood & Guts Match: Team AEW (Swerve Strickland, Darby Allin, Mark Briscoe and The Acclaimed) vs. Team Elite (Young Bucks, Jack Perry, Hangman Page, and Kazuchika Okada)

FTW Championship: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

Returning from injury, Britt Baker takes on Hikaru Shida

New International Champ MJF Speaks

Blood and Guts is taking place in Jeff Jarrett's backyard, so maybe we will find out how many guitars have to be broken in order to draw viewers.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I find it weird that they gave Danielson the main event of Wembley but TK has decided to not go ahead with that story yet and focus on Blood & Guts entirely.

He could at least have taped some video packages and a couple of promos to show every Wednesday so when they start the Swerve feud next week, they have something to start with instead of two weeks of nothing in between.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Oh, I didn't notice the thread was made back Saturday. But, I'm here and you know what that means :mjgrin:

It's time to announce the 32 participants that will be competing in the AEW Finest Woman Tournament that start on July 31st.

Anna Jay
Abadon
Britt Baker
Deonna Purrazzo
Harley Cameron
Jamie Hayter
Julia Hart
Kiera Hogan
Queen Aminata
Red Velvet
Mercedes Mone
Mariah May
Toni Storm
Saraya
Skye Blue
Tay Melo
Willow Nightingale
Taya Valkyrie
Penelope Ford
Hikaru Shida
Lexy Nair
Rebel
Leila Grey
Trish Adora
Charlette & Roybn Renegade
Kamille
Thunder Rosa
Yuka Sakazaki
Riho
Alicia Atout
Renee Paquette
Kris Statlander

Be ready because it will be special :mjgrin:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I find it weird that they gave Danielson the main event of Wembley but TK has decided to not go ahead with that story yet and focus on Blood & Guts entirely.

He could at least have taped some video packages and a couple of promos to show every Wednesday so when they start the Swerve feud next week, they have something to start with instead of two weeks of nothing in between.

Hopefully they able to build something next few weeks leading to it. Issue was the b&g match being on the schedule. Could swerve have been left out of it? Possibly. I think having hangman thrown in kinda ruined that with their ongoing feud. No way in hell they were gonna risk throwing BD in there. A team swerve vs bcc match wouldn't have worked cuz swerve don't got a group.

Don't know what role swerve or bd gonna play in the feud. Would be good if they interact somehow tomorrow night. Let's see if they do and if they start building up another match for the ppv.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hopefully they able to build something next few weeks leading to it. Issue was the b&g match being on the schedule. Could swerve have been left out of it? Possibly. I think having hangman thrown in kinda ruined that with their ongoing feud. No way in hell they were gonna risk throwing BD in there. A team swerve vs bcc match wouldn't have worked cuz swerve don't got a group.

Don't know what role swerve or bd gonna play in the feud. Would be good if they interact somehow tomorrow night. Let's see if they do and if they start building up another match for the ppv.
I just think it was pretty simple to do both things. You have Swerve representing AEW vs The Elite + the everlasting feud with Hangman on one side. In the other, you can easily just use this last couple of weeks to build to Danielson's challenge as his "last world title opportunity of his career" or whatever hyperbole can be used to make Wembley seem more special/bigger. Nothing is gonna touch Sting's last run heading to Revolution's main event but you can try to do something similar with video packages and promos from Dragon. Make the fans care and want to see his "last big main event".

Once B&G is done, you resume the Swerve feud with the fans knowing already what's at stake and you've given them weeks to build emotional attachment to it.