5'9", 165 lbs.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
What's the point of this thread? Breh looks 165. He doesn't look big IMO. When you're at low BF with decent muscle mass you can appear heavier than you are to the untrained eye.

His lower body just isn't genetically gifted like his upper body, he'd be 175-180 if he had bigger wheels.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
it's nice to look huge/ripped but how strong is he really?

for me aesthetics are only part of the equation, there's no point in being lean as fukk and ripped if i'm actually weak as fukk. those aren't my goals, some guys are cool with "looking" strong but I'd rather have more actual strength with just decent aesthetics especially when I'm not on a cut.

I refuse to sacrifice most of my strength for aesthetics, those two have to meet somewhere in the middle for me.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
it's nice to look huge/ripped but how strong is he really?

for me aesthetics are only part of the equation, there's no point in being lean as fukk and ripped if i'm actually weak as fukk. those aren't my goals, some guys are cool with "looking" strong but I'd rather have more actual strength with just decent aesthetics especially when I'm not on a cut.

I refuse to sacrifice most of my strength for aesthetics, those two have to meet somewhere in the middle for me.
He looks weak to you b? A dude who works out consistently (calisthenics) and eats well with nice muscle mass and 10% body fat? :mjlol:

Functional strength > Power lifting strength when it comes to daily life IMO. And I also think there's a misconception that you should be as heavy as possible. 5'9/165lb with low body fat is a sustainable and healthy physique. Too many shorter breh lifters try to stay around 200 as they get older and end up looking sloppy with a gut.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
He looks weak to you b? A dude who works out consistently (calisthenics) and eats well with nice muscle mass and 10% body fat? :mjlol:

Functional strength > Power lifting strength when it comes to daily life IMO. And I also think there's a misconception that you should be as heavy as possible. 5'9/165lb with low body fat is a sustainable and healthy physique. Too many shorter breh lifters try to stay around 200 as they get older and end up looking sloppy with a gut.

I didn't watch the video (sidenote - I hate this new fad of being doing videos instead of just writing an article, I'd much rather read a long well-written article with a few pics than watch some long-winded video by somebody who just made it to get views but whatever) but I wasn't just referring this this cat when I mentioned cats being weak but looking good. I meant in general.

and I should have clarified, I meant functional strength as well cause i've run into a number of younger cats, both natural and on cycle that only care about looking good and stay doing isolation exercises just to get a certain look but in reality are weak as fukk, have little to no flexibility and could barely do pull-ups despite being very lean and having "show" muscle. I know that everyone isn't like that and it depends on your personal goals, but that's not for me.

I believe in doing full body compound exercises with iso work on the side and mixing it up with full body movements like tires/prowler sleds as well unless injuries don't allow to do certain lifts. I don't just look at people and judge them, I've talked to the cats that I'm talking about and they are cool with what they are doing because it's in line with their goals for lifting. That's cool, I understand, it's not just not for me.

the bottom line is that you won't catch me being one of these super lean, 140 lb cats with a six-pack and sub 10% BF that can barely do a couple pull-ups without kipping or if it came to it, couldn't protect themselves and actually use their muscles. no hate, just ain't me. :manny:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I didn't watch the video (sidenote - I hate this new fad of being doing videos instead of just writing an article, I'd much rather read a long well-written article with a few pics than watch some long-winded video by somebody who just made it to get views but whatever) but I wasn't just referring this this cat when I mentioned cats being weak but looking good. I meant in general.

and I should have clarified, I meant functional strength as well cause i've run into a number of younger cats, both natural and on cycle that only care about looking good and stay doing isolation exercises just to get a certain look but in reality are weak as fukk, have little to no flexibility and could barely do pull-ups despite being very lean and having "show" muscle. I know that everyone isn't like that and it depends on your personal goals, but that's not for me.

I believe in doing full body compound exercises with iso work on the side and mixing it up with full body movements like tires/prowler sleds as well unless injuries don't allow to do certain lifts. I don't just look at people and judge them, I've talked to the cats that I'm talking about and they are cool with what they are doing because it's in line with their goals for lifting. That's cool, I understand, it's not just not for me.

the bottom line is that you won't catch me being one of these super lean, 140 lb cats with a six-pack and sub 10% BF that can barely do a couple pull-ups without kipping or if it came to it, couldn't protect themselves and actually use their muscles. no hate, just ain't me. :manny:
Yeah I feel you. The dude in the OP isn't like that so just wanted to clarify lol. I know the type of dudes you're talking about.