50's 5th studio album will drop on July 3 -- "with or without label support"

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
While the much anticipated release of The Lost Tape has finally arrived, many fans are wondering if 50 still plans on releasing his 5th studio album in early July as previously announced.

In an interview with AllHipHop, the G-Unit general makes it clear that July 3 the album will be available for fans regardless of label support behind it.

“There’s a lot more business involved [in putting out an album] than the general public is aware of. And that part causes the actual delay with Interscope. I’m releasing my album July 3rd, whether is has commercial promotions or not. “My birthday is July 6 and I planned for it. And I’m doing everything that I planned to do regardless if its huge airplay or not. I could care less, I’m putting the record out.”

He said that the freedom from concerns of sales and business have helped him produce music closer to his heart.

“I don’t need a record to sell. How much money you think I’ma make off record sales? You think I’ma sell 13 million records?” Its starting to feel like that corner that I left,” 50 Cent explained, stressing that music’s ability to make money is now very limited. “I ain’t going to keep sitting on the records. Even if everything ain’t in order, album five will be out July 3 and they can wait another two years for me to give them another one.”

“I have new ideas so my passion for making the music hasn’t gone anywhere. That’s why I’m making music for free. The mixtape is for free unless DJ Drama is getting some paper I don’t know about. I need a piece of that paper,” 50 joked.

50 Cent To Release 5th Studio Album On July 3...With Or Without Label Support - ThisIs50.com

#SK

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he needs to stop fukkin around n make a grown man album, then hang it up. i.e.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOaM3wTxK1g]50 Cent - The Paper (I Get It) [Freestyle] [March 2011] - YouTube[/ame]

then use whatever clout he has left to put some new kids on

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
he should throw it out there for 5 bucks to download it. if it slaps then he could do crazy record sales like that. he don't need the money. and i don't even fukk with 50 like that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
he should throw it out there for 5 bucks to download it. if it slaps then he could do crazy record sales like that. he don't need the money. and i don't even fukk with 50 like that

i think somebody has tried that business model before

shyt doesn't work, ppl don't pay for free stuff