50 years of Haitian migration to South Florida: A story of protests, detention, and triumph

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Celebrating 50 years of ‘boat people’ in South Florida​

Haitian Times
Dec 14, 2022
On Monday, Dec 12, 2022, around 100 people in the community gathered at the Little Haiti Cultural Center to hear about that first group of refugees, the first known voyage of many that brought so-called ‘boat people' from Haiti to Florida. Made possible through a coalition of 15 Florida groups, Monday's event kicked off a yearlong series of activities acknowledging the contributions Haitians have since made to South Florida

=========================

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Haitian Times
Dec 14, 2022
On Monday, Dec 12, 2022, around 100 people in the community gathered at the Little Haiti Cultural Center to hear about that first group of refugees, the first known voyage of many that brought so-called ‘boat people' from Haiti to Florida. Made possible through a coalition of 15 Florida groups, Monday's event kicked off a yearlong series of activities acknowledging the contributions Haitians have since made to South Florida

dope shyt. I meant to post this but didn't have the patience to archive the Herald link

Mega

Superstar
Daps

Haitian Times
Dec 14, 2022

R.I.P Father Gérard Jean-Juste.

islandgirl954

Rookie
Daps
It's been more than 50 years really Haitians been coming here ever since pops doc was put into power especially the lighter skinned and educated Haitians many were forced out during the 1960s by this monster who saw fit to murder people cause they were light skinned or educated