50% of Americans say they would decline a wedding invitation to save money

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Considering the fact they just go get divorced you might as well save the bread.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Yeah I gotta stand in a wedding soon. And to be honest...right now I honestly wish it wasn't happening lol

There was another wedding I was invited to in Jamaica, but the resort was like $2000 per person on top of a expensive flight. I was like...nah.

I'd personally feel weird trying to get so many people to be inconvenienced for ME. But I'm also don't believe in marriage really. I feel people who do believe in marriage are the type that...will probably be so lost in emotion that they can't fathom that it's largely an inconvenience xD

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I gotta stand in a wedding soon. And to be honest...right now I honestly wish it wasn't happening lol
Im tired of being put into wedding parties. I rather go and just enjoy the wedding. People be wanting you to do all this extra shyt for their wedding.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
The best thing about the pandemic was that my cousin cancelled her wedding ceremony with her rich ass husband and had to do it over Zoom (then got mad because like 90% of the family didn't even open the zoom link), the cheaper tuxedo for rent was like 200 bucks, fukk that.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Gen Z and millennials are less likely to skip than Gen X and Boomers.

Makes sense in way. 40s to 60s, it is a bit of a "Aw shyt. Here we go again". Easier to pass on.

And that being said, I have passed on a wedding over the cost. I regret not going but at the time, I was strapped for cash and was just managing to pay my bills each month. I didn't have money to burn on travel and overnight stay.