45РОССИЯ—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
zJUVEks.gif

Holy. shyt.

Don Jr actually DID log on to the Wikileaks site!
:weebaynanimated::weebaynanimated::weebaynanimated::weebaynanimated:

:FBIMuellerLaugh::FBIMuellerLaugh::FBIMuellerLaugh::FBIMuellerLaugh:

@DonKnock @dza @88m3 @wire28 @smitty22 @fact @Hood Critic @ExodusNirvana @Blessed Is the Man @dtownreppin214 @JKFrazier @BigMoneyGrip @.r. @Dameon Farrow @TheNig @VR Tripper @re'up @Blackfyre_Berserker @Cali_livin @NY's #1 Draft Pick

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:sas1:

Exposed: Russian Twitter bots tried to swing general election for Jeremy Corbyn
StillflyApril 29 2018, 12:01am,
Robot accounts rooted for Labour and attacked Tories

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F15e23b8e-4b13-11e8-864f-5f6f2d0ffcbf.jpg

Jeremy Corbyn saw support for the Labour Party rise from 25% of the electorate to 40% over the course of last year’s election campaignOriginal photo: Gareth Fuller
The first evidence of Russian attempts to influence the result of the general election by promoting the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, has emerged in a ground-breaking investigation into social media by this newspaper.

Our research, in conjunction with Swansea University, discovered that 6,500 Russian Twitter accounts rallied behind Labour in the weeks before last year’s election, helping supportive messages to reach millions of voters and denigrating its Conservative rivals.

Many of the Russian accounts can clearly be identified as internet robots — known as bots — that masqueraded under female English names but were in fact mass-produced to bombard the public with orchestrated political messages.

Academics say the fake accounts identified by this newspaper are just the tip of the iceberg and called on Twitter to investigate fully the true scale of Russian meddling in British politics.

Our investigation found overwhelming support for Corbyn and Labour from the Russian social media accounts with nine out of 10 messages about the party promoting its campaign. Conversely, nine out of 10 tweets about the Conservatives were hostile.

We found that 80% of the automated accounts had been created in the weeks before the vote on June 8 and swung into action at key points during the campaign. There was evidence that Russian social media accounts:

• Piled in with retweets praising Labour and deriding the Conservatives in equal measure on May 18 — the day Theresa May launched her party’s manifesto

• Retweeted publicity and support for Corbyn’s rallies around the country which became a phenomenon of the campaign, drawing unusually large crowds

• Helped Corbyn turn the Manchester Arena bombing into a campaigning point by amplifying tweets criticising May for cutting police numbers while she had been home secretary

• Retweeted attacks on May for her refusal to engage in television debates with Corbyn, while criticising the media for being too harsh on the Labour leader

• Brought their campaign to a climax on polling day — when the UK media is not allowed to report — with a series of messages urging Labour supporters to vote.

The election proved to be an extraordinary success personally for Corbyn, who saw his party’s support rise from 25% to 40% over the course of the campaign — the largest surge in support during a modern election.

Matt Hancock, the digital and culture secretary, called on Twitter to reveal the scale of the problem and act to prevent it from happening again. “These new revelations are extremely concerning,” he said. “It is absolutely unacceptable for any nation to attempt to interfere in the democratic elections of another country. The social media companies need to act to safeguard our democratic discourse and reveal what they know.”

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F19a89cce-4b20-11e8-ad0c-add3a1f6e1f4.jpg

Russia has already been accused of using such tactics to back Donald Trump in the 2016 American presidential election. This is the first time, however, that such Russian cyber-tactics have been documented in the 2017 UK general election, which saw Corbyn defy all predictions.

The Labour leader has faced repeated criticism for his reluctance to strongly condemn Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, over the Salisbury nerve agent attacks last month.

Our team of researchers found 16,000 Russian bots had been tweeting on British politics since April last year. We narrowed our study, however, to a sample of 20,000 tweets from Russia collected by Swansea University and posted in the four weeks before the general election so that we could assess each individual message’s political slant.

The academics from Swansea say the sample reflected only a fraction of social media content on the election and therefore believe the stark findings are evidence of an attempt to influence British politics on a grander scale.

Professor Oleksandr Talavera, the Swansea University economist who collected the data, said: “The samples provide evidence that Russian-language bots were used deliberately to try to influence the election in favour of Labour and against the Conservatives.

“The data represents just a small random sample and therefore the Russian-language automated bot behaviour we have observed is likely to be only the tip of the iceberg of their general election operation.”

Our researchers were able to establish that the messages were broadcast by thousands of automated bot accounts created in the months before the election.

Hundreds of the Twitter accounts were created simultaneously and displayed clear identifying factors. One of the most common was the use of 15-character alphanumeric user names with a false western woman’s name attached — even though they listed their first language as Russian.

At times, they tweeted the same messages in unison. Many were retweets from Labour Twitter accounts including Corbyn’s own and those of Labour-supporting unions and the grassroots campaign group Momentum in an apparent attempt to amplify the party’s message.

The bots were quick to leap to Corbyn’s defence when needed. When Corbyn was criticised in the campaign for failing to know the cost of one of his key policies, a gang of 34 accounts masquerading as women retweeted the same message simultaneously saying the media should respect the Labour leader.

Damian Collins, the Conservative MP who chairs the culture, media and sport select committee, said he would challenge Twitter on the findings as part of his committee’s inquiry into social media disinformation.

“Any Russian interference in the politics of the UK is a breach of our election law and something we’ve got to act to stop,” he said.

In response to our story, the Labour Party suggested that the Russian government had supported the Conservative Party during the election. A spokesman said: “Labour’s proposed crackdown on tax dodging, failed privatisation and corrupt oligarchs is opposed by both May and Putin’s conservative philosophy and their super-rich supporters.

“The Labour Party’s people-powered election campaign attracted huge levels of public support online. We were not aware of any from automated bots, categorically did not pay for any and are not aware of any of our supporters doing so.”

Twitter said its work to fight malicious bots “goes beyond any one specific election, event, or time period”. It had spent years working to identify and remove such accounts and was continuing the improvement of its internal systems “to detect and prevent new forms of spam and malicious automation”.

@GzUp @wire28 @Atlrocafella @Blessed Is the Man @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @humble forever @Darth Nubian @Dameon Farrow @jj23 @General Bravo III @2stainz @BigMoneyGrip @hashmander @Call Me James @MVike28 @VR Tripper @dongameister @Soymuscle Mike @BaileyPark31 @Darth Nubian

:sas2:

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Just read the article. Pretty damning. So now I have a delimma, do I vote for a potential Russian stooge, or do I vote for the architects of Windrush and the Grenfell disaster.

Have to say I am leaning Russian stooge...

Sigh.

What’s interesting though is that last election I didn’t check twitter etc at all because of all the paid Conservative ads that were bombarding the web. I voted back then for Corbyn anyway on the grounds that his proposals were more socially fair than the Conservatives’ austerity(and I still think so). I am under no illusions about how many young people would have been influenced with this bot attack, however.

My concern now is, considering how he looks to be a plant. What exactly are Russia’s plans with a man like this?

This is crazy brehs...

Last edited:
Daps
I just woke up, and read the outrage from Republicans on twitter who called Michelle Wolf hateful for her speech.
:skip:

The level of hypocrisy is absurd. We really didn’t need a bigger reminder that they expect to bash everyone with NO negative response. This time, it really was jokes from a comedian. She said nothing worse than Trump says when he’s dead serious, and not, you know, at a roast.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Just read the article. Pretty damning. So now I have a delimma, do I vote for a potential Russian stooge, or do I vote for the architects of Windrush and the Grenfell disaster.

Sigh.

What’s interesting though is that last election I didn’t check twitter etc at all because of all the paid Conservative ads that were bombarding the web. I voted back then for Corbyn anyway on the grounds that his proposals were more socially fair than the Conservatives’ austerity(and I still think so). I am under no illusions about how many young people would have been influenced with this bot attack, however.

My concern now is, considering how he looks to be a plant. What exactly are Russia’s plans with a man like this?

This is crazy brehs...
Is this a serious post? My guy, I have no animus towards you and appreciate your rep in my new father thread. But honestly, how old are you?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this a serious post? My guy, I have no animus towards you and appreciate your rep in my new father thread. But honestly, how old are you?

Old enough to complain about voting for the lesser evil but still voting correctly in the end.

I will still vote labour, but does that mean I shouldn’t be concerned that the person leading them could be compromised by Russia?

I try to be honest as possible when I post, so I did consider the alternative of voting for the conservatives when the Jeremy Corbyn controversy began. Russian stooge or not, I can’t vote for a party that systematically oppresses black people and people who are struggling economically, but the thought crossed my mind. Local elections are this week as well.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Sigh.

This is crazy brehs...
Mods shut me down when I posted the CREDIBLE allegations against him being a spy for the Communist secret police of the Czech Republic. That should have ended him at that point.

Its obvious MI6 has something on this dude and its pretty damning.

So...Jeremy Corbyn was recruited by Czech communist intelligence?!?!

Jeremy Corbyn is fracturing the UK Labour Party with his defenses of Russia over Skripal poisoning

Jeremy Corbyn rejects John McDonnell suggestion UK Labour Party should boycott Russia Today

Last edited: