RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Your reasoning, while seemingly principled, is loose and puts real people at risk.

Snowden didn't merely just release information that served your purpose of checks and grossly went beyond that.

Further, there is a certain level of oversight in place. Do you disagree with that altogether as well?
I can be sympathetic SOMEWHAT to what you're saying to some degree and I guess it depends on your individual priorities and what you care about more. If the NSA didn't want whistle blowers releasing information that might compromise multiple aspects of their organization then don't give moral justification and cover in other ways by acting outside the confines of laws and stated goals in the first place. There are checks but obviously not enough and there is a bipartisan effort from a congress that is supposed to be a check to prevent laws to prevent abuses uncovered.
Senate passes bill to renew controversial NSA spying powers

The checks are up to select few of cogress people, secret courts, and those that run the intelligence agencies. There is reasonable concern about that fact. Millions of documents were downloaded followed by selective releases of information that were deemed of public interest. I have more interest in the domestic spy abuses and concerned more about them. Because we know that this government has periods in history where certain groups are spied on, infiltrated, and destroyed to keep certain groups in line. Especially liberal groups. So anything deconstructing and checking that shyt sounds great to me and of more concern than the fact you can no longer monitor Angela Merkles phone line or terrorists have to change their communication tactics that the US will more than likely crack also if they haven't already .

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If you're seriously asking this then you've likely never watched Hannity.
giphy.gif