3rd act of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was just dumb..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Movie started out interesting enough.. another one of those non-fiction/fiction Tarantino joints and i really loved inglorious basterds so im fine w/ your own spin on true events but anyone else feel the 3rd act here was just too goofy? Not really in a funny way or interesting way..

i felt this was one of Tarantino's worst written..

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought it was dumb, bizarre even on first watch until I looked at the title of the movie again and was like “…..Oh.” It’s all one big fairy tale.

It took me a legit while to appreciate this one, and I actually dug the alternate history twist. It’s so fulfilling, especially after how much of a slow burn the film is. I already know what happens to Sharon Tate in real life - why do I need to watch that unfold again on-screen?

Little things like seeing Brad Pitt drive by the Cinerama Dome at night and hearing the classic NBC jingle made this for me. I do wonder how different this would’ve been had Sally Menke was involved though, she is dearly missed.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I thought it was dumb, bizarre even on first watch until I looked at the title of the movie again and was like “…..Oh.” It’s all one big fairy tale.

It took me a legit while to appreciate this one, and I actually dug the alternate history twist. It’s so fulfilling, especially after how much of a slow burn the film is. I already know what happens to Sharon Tate in real life - why do I need to watch that unfold again on-screen?

Little things like seeing Brad Pitt drive by the Cinerama Dome at night and hearing the classic NBC jingle made this for me. I do wonder how different this would’ve been had Sally Menke was involved though, she is dearly missed.

Again.. i have no problem with an alternate history on the events. it's just that after such a good 1st couple hours we're getting to the payoff and the jokes outside the house for me weren't landing and then the shootout was really just some more weirdo b-movie stuff that would have fit better in another film but not here..

There's plenty of good old Hollywood nostalgia but that 3rd act was ehhh

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie started out interesting enough.. another one of those non-fiction/fiction Tarantino joints and i really loved inglorious basterds so im fine w/ your own spin on true events but anyone else feel the 3rd act here was just too goofy? Not really in a funny way or interesting way..

i felt this was one of Tarantino's worst written..

Strongly disagree. I think the main reason the film worked was because of how the 3rd act being THAT GOOD. It made me look at act the first two acts and appreciate those more because everything leading to the 3rd act were amazing foreshadowing and perfect set up. Add with such a great plot twist and the absurdity of it all despite everything is based upon what we KNEW about the characters and their history and so forth. It was very satisfactory to me.