3D Fighting games which is the GOAT and why?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You have Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Tekken, Street Fighter EX, Soul Calibur as the top ones. I think maybe Xenoverse might be in that lineup too; honestly I dunno.

But what game did you fukk with the most? Which one required skill instead of just mashing? The last 3DFG I played was Tekken and SC. That was a while ago. Tekken seemed to be the more skill-based of the two, back then.

So which one and why?

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
virtua fighter!!
grandaddy of em all.
gave all of them a style to run with.
not to mention, all of the virtua fighters from 1 to 4 ushered in some type of new innovation in the fighting game genre when released.
the true GOAT of 3D fighters
:lawd:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Tekken and Soul Calibur as far as having a high skill barrier and still being fun to play. Virtua Fighter takes the most skill, but the characters are bland and the engine is outdated.

Dead or Alive you can mash buttons and press different directions and do moderately well with some occasional rock paper scissors counters

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Tekken

Largest combination of moveset roster and technical mechanics

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
You have Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Tekken, Street Fighter EX, Soul Calibur as the top ones. I think maybe Xenoverse might be in that lineup too; honestly I dunno.

But what game did you fukk with the most? Which one required skill instead of just mashing? The last 3DFG I played was Tekken and SC. That was a while ago. Tekken seemed to be the more skill-based of the two, back then.

So which one and why?
hmm, I would say virtua fighter and dead or alive from a technical choice

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Soul Calibur 2.

Pretty even in terms of character balance. And makes you work for your damage.

Maybe:hamster::hamster::hamster: SSB melee. Huge technicals and nintendo community keep that game alive in the fgc till this day.