3 people stabbed at Notting Hill Carnival /* Cher Maximen has died

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Update

Woman in life-threatening condition after stabbing at Notting Hill carnival​

Metropolitan police say 32-year-old woman is in hospital after stabbing on Sunday

Mon 26 Aug 2024

A 32-year-old woman is in a life-threatening condition in hospital after being stabbed at the Notting Hill carnival, the Metropolitan police have said.
The force said on Sunday it was aware of three stabbings at the annual west London celebrations, with a 29-year-old man in hospital with non-life threatening injuries, and a 24-year-old man also stabbed whose condition had yet to be confirmed.

Notting Hill carnival has renewed importance since riots, organisers say

Fifteen officers were assaulted, although none were seriously injured, and 90 arrests had been made on Sunday, police said.

A force spokesperson said: “Hundreds of thousands of people came to Notting Hill carnival today to enjoy a fantastic celebration. Our officers have been on duty working to keep them safe as part of a very carefully planned policing operation. Regrettably, a minority came to commit crime and engage in violence.”

Arrests were made for a range of alleged crimes including assault on an emergency worker, assault, possession with intent to supply, sexual offences and robbery, the police said.

Suspects were also arrested for drugs possession, theft, possession of a nitrous oxide and public order offences.

Earlier, the force said it had been granted greater search powers to prevent further violence after a man was stabbed and knives were recovered.

Last edited:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
And it was even worse Monday I must be a 🐈‍⬛ with a buncha life's because that's a lot of chefing 🧑🏾‍🍳
A total of 🎱

@K.O.N.Y this why I say just ask mandem 1st yh
It's tekky out here

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
And it was even worse Monday I must be a 🐈‍⬛ with a buncha life's because that's a lot of chefing 🧑🏾‍🍳
A total of 🎱

@K.O.N.Y this why I say just ask mandem 1st yh
It's tekky out here

That video is from last year. If a million people attended and three people got stabbed, that means the statistics are 0.00003%

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That video is from last year. If a million people attended and three people got stabbed, that means the statistics are 0.00003%
True but there's an argument to be made on the sustainability of the amount of policing required to keep it relatively safe. Even though it's only twice a year do they have the right amount resource to continue this in decades to come.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Dutty liad bytch you 😑

So after the violence and arrests on Sunday, they dialed it up with more violence the next day and more people were arrested?

Sad stuff and I hope the victims recover

The violence is eventually what ruined Labor Day Parade in Brooklyn. And why many people no longer attend

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
So after the violence and arrests on Sunday, they dialed it up with more violence the next day and more people were arrested?

Sad stuff and I hope the victims recover

The violence is eventually what ruined Labor Day Parade in Brooklyn. And why many people no longer attend

Exactly
Handful of idiots ruin it for everybody 🙄

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
3 people probably got stabbed in the city while op was typing that post nobody care bro bro

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We gotta start being real about this bullshyt. No matter if the these carnivals are in NY, Toronto or across the pond same ain't shyt losers bring that same energy to events. Can't celebrate crash out culture anymore. We need to have fools getting stomped out by the entire public for bringing their bullshyt to Black gatherings.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
True but there's an argument to be made on the sustainability of the amount of policing required to keep it relatively safe. Even though it's only twice a year do they have the right amount resource to continue this in decades to come.
There has always been this argument. Now there always a small contingent of ain't shyt brehs that try to fukk things up.

The history of the carnival needs to highlighted to some in our own community. To get to this point took a lot of sacrifice.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I won't play mas outside of the Caribbean ever again. The vibe has totally changed...It's almost as if there's this constant tension over the day. From disorganization within the mas camps, to stormers becoming more and more brazen. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be at Jab Jab in Grenada next year.