24: Legacy Cancelled at Fox, as Next Incarnation of 24 Franchise Is Explored

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
24-legacy-renewed-cancelled.jpg

The clock has run out on Fox’s 24 reboot — but not the franchise itself.

The network has officially cancelled 24: Legacy after one low-rated season, TVLine has confirmed. Yet given the keystone franchise’s importance to Fox, discussions are underway with producers Howard Gordon and Brian Grazer to develop a new incarnation that is more anthological, while still built around the real-time storytelling device. No Legacy cast members would be involved.

Following a strong post-Super Bowl-fueled premiere that drew 17.5 million viewers, Legacy — which tasked The Walking Dead‘s Corey Hawkins with stepping into Kiefer Sutherland’s sizable shoes — quickly lost steam and ended its rookie run in April with 3.4 million and a series-low 0.8 demo rating.

Although set in the same universe as the original 24, the reboot set out to distinguish itself from its predecessor, with exec producers Manny Coto and Evan Katz enlisting only one high-profile franchise vet — Carlos Bernard’s Tony Almeida — for Legacy duty.

24: Legacy Cancelled at Fox, as Next Incarnation of 24 Franchise Is Explored

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keifer is def not coming back with designated survivor getting a second season

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I wonder how they plan on explaining what happened to him on the walking dead

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I'm guessing they find Heath now:mjlol:. The truth is every show except the Simpsons, Empire, & Family Guy are on thin ice. They gave New Girl a bullshyt 8 episode final season just to shut the fans up.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't give him much to work with after they exhausted all types of villains including Africans,Arabs,CTU agents etc. I think if they went back to having the main villain an American within Government it would give them more areas to go instead of drones attacked my village etc.