2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! AI MAYOR!!

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Honestly, I can't give you a complete answer on that since I've only been in my industry for 5-6 years. I presume a good amount, most of the affects I've seen regarding automation has been in the form of internet (oriented) development and (internet) based companies and that can offer lower rates to customers; we've (recently) added a internet/online specific portion of the company, but we've brought on more labor (sensitive to automation LO's). This could be purely due to market conditions right now though:manny: Eventally, those jobs and even mine will be automated:sadcam: but it'll take a rapid advancement, and extremely cheaper Machine Learning/AI to happen quickly.

whoever taught you how to (use) parenthesis should be shot in the face.
(:krs:)

Robot could never take risks like a human. Only a human could see 99 % failure rate but still go full steam ahead cause of that 1% chance. They'll never beat us.

you're beaten when you put an odds to 99% to 1% eventually over time that 1% of 1% of 1% drops to close to 0.

statistically speaking that 1% chance is voided over a series of interactions. You basically ethered your own defense

Still a chance. We're people of hope. We'll never give up bruh.

full

@Mook, i understand your sentiment but you could have made a better argument for it.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

full

@Mook, i understand your sentiment but you could have made a better argument for it.

Word. Basically, if you dont kill each and every one of us we coming back.

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you create a robot to be sentient , what human intervention would there be? Maybe one person who controls the robot I guess?

yes, so the way it will work with trucks is that you'll have 3+ semi trucks traveling in a convoy with a human sitting in the cab of the lead vehicle. that person can monitor during travel, call for help in case of breakdown or take over in case of emergency.

so again you're not COMPLETELY removing all human interaction, but you're lowering it by 75%+

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
yes, so the way it will work with trucks is that you'll have 3+ semi trucks traveling in a convoy with a human sitting in the cab of the lead vehicle. that person can monitor during travel, call for help in case of breakdown or take over in case of emergency.

so again you're not COMPLETELY removing all human interaction, but you're lowering it by 75%+

Well that's in the next few years by 2030 I doubt that will be where we are lol

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So by 2030 industries will be to stupid to create jobs for people ? Sounds shaky.

Innovation kills jobs. It's nit innovations to make jobs . The question is, does someone want there to be no jobs for people in 2030

Last edited:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

full

A robot would let a kid drown like in I-Robot if it made no mathematical sense to waste time saving them. Humans have empathy. I don’t like the idea of relying on robots. You’ll fukk around and end up like ol boy in Ex Machina.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
A robot would let a kid drown like in I-Robot if it made no mathematical sense to waste time saving them. Humans have empathy. I don’t like the idea of relying on robots. You’ll fukk around and end up like ol boy in Ex Machina.

there is only a 49% chance we could save this child and 100% chance the water will presently damage out circuits, rescue protocol averted"

:mjplsrobot:

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elon Musk: Free cash handouts from the government ‘will be necessary’ if robots take humans' jobs

And Musk isn't the only Silicon Valley titan to surface the idea.

Billionaire Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has indicated his support for universal basic income as a way to inspire more entrepreneurial creativity.

"Let's face it: There is something wrong with our system when I can leave [Harvard] and make billions of dollars in 10 years, while millions of students can't afford to pay off their loans, let alone start a business," Zuckerberg said in his May 2017 commencement address at his alma mater. "Now it's our time to define a new social contract for our generation. We should explore ideas like universal basic income to give everyone a cushion to try new things."

And billionaire serial entrepreneur Richard Branson has said he supports investigating the idea for similar reasons to Musk.

"With the acceleration of [artificial intelligence] and other new technology ... the world is changing fast," Branson wrote in an August 2017 post. "A lot of exciting new innovations are going to be created, which will generate a lot of opportunities and a lot of wealth, but there is a real danger it could also reduce the amount of jobs. This will make experimenting with ideas like basic income even more important in the years to come."

When elites start getting on board it's only a matter of when, not if. They see the bigger picture. They are also sounding boards for politicians/leaders.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
https://www.forbes.com/sites/edrens...s-goodbye-cashiers-hello-kiosks/#5c55f50e6f14

“Would you like fries with that?” may soon be a phrase of the past.

As minimum wage levels approach or surpass $15 nationwide, restaurant customers expecting to be greeted by a smiling face will instead be welcomed by a glowing LED screen.

As of 2020, self-service ordering kiosks will be implemented at all U.S. McDonald’s locations. Other chains, including fast-casual brands like Panera and casual-dining brands like Chili's, have already embraced this trend. Some restaurant concepts have even automated the food-preparation process; earlier this year, NBC News profiled "Flippy," a robot hamburger flipper. Other upcoming concepts include virtual restaurants which eliminate the need for full-service restaurants (and staff) by only offering home delivery.